IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Friday night
4/30/19, 2:17 PM   #1
Friday night
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

If the weather cooperates this Friday night, we will be having two major events running against each other with the Bob Kinser Memorial at Bloomington and the Mike Johnson Memorial at Paragon.
I wonder which will have the better car count.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
4/30/19, 2:47 PM   #2
Re: Friday night
Eatin Dirt

I will be heading to Bloomington. Looking forward to some good racing after last weekend's washout.

4/30/19, 3:07 PM   #3
PIT CART

Gas City is also running non wing sprints. I wonder what the car counts will be like at all three.

4/30/19, 5:37 PM   #4
Non wing lover

This is precisely the problem I seen brewing when announced a Friday night program there is only so many cars to go around somebody you gonna have short fields sad good luck to all tracks don't get me wrong I m very happy that Bloomington and paragon are open for business just worried about car counts for the fans

2 members like this post: Therealether, tirespinner
4/30/19, 6:46 PM   #5
Buster51

Probly 20 to 25 each place.

4/30/19, 7:35 PM   #6
BrentTFunk

I will be at Gas City. Hope Bloomington draws a good crowd paying $3000 to win. Bob Kinser was one of the all time greats, and one of the main reasons I love the sport today. If I lived south, that is where I would go. Steve Kinser being the grand marshal also is a bonus. He was hanging out on the hill last year at SprintWeek, talking and hanging out with everybody.

4/30/19, 8:52 PM   #7
jdull99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster51 View Post
Probly 20 to 25 each place.
So, ideally like everyone makes each show, & no on goes home without starting pay...I know people seem to like B-mains tho...I never thought they mattered much (to anyone other than those of us in them), til they had less of them (I know they do again, sometimes, now) at Sun Prairie...people seemed to miss them...my local pavement track is lucky to ever get 15-16 "NASCAR Late Models", so it is what it is...enjoy what you want of it, as long as it lasts, I say...
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

4 members like this post: bighd0522, BrentTFunk, ronmil, tirespinner
4/30/19, 9:51 PM   #8
Al Pierce

Race Count This Year: 49
Race Count Last Year: 43

Weather permitting, we will be at Bloomington. I have been wanting to go to Paragon to support their "comeback" but rain and other factors have derailed those plans. I'll get there as soon as possible.
I would guess both tracks will have sufficient cars to put on a show this Friday. Due to other "commitments", I did not see Bobby Kinser race. I did have opportunity later to shoot the breeze with him a few times at his trailer in Florida during the winters. Very entertaining and colorful.
Those of us in central Indiana will be happy to see any racing after the past few weeks of rainouts.

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, ronmil, tirespinner, WinglessLovers
5/1/19, 1:20 PM   #9
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
I will be at Gas City. Hope Bloomington draws a good crowd paying $3000 to win. Bob Kinser was one of the all time greats, and one of the main reasons I love the sport today. If I lived south, that is where I would go. Steve Kinser being the grand marshal also is a bonus. He was hanging out on the hill last year at SprintWeek, talking and hanging out with everybody.
I got to visit with Steve last year and talked with him about his Indianapolis 500 experience.

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, mc/rider, superstock30, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Friday night