IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Local Non Wing
12/23/18, 1:09 PM   #1
Local Non Wing
hairracer44

I'm sitting here bored so I'll ask the question as a broke local racer I'm not sure where I'm racing next year just yet. With none of the local tracks having a schedule out yet and Paragon being under a new lease it all still up in the air.

Rumor has been the Paragon will run on Friday night that begs the question can Indiana support 3 Friday night tracks or is there truely 3 Friday night tracks for Traditional sprint cars since Bloomington seem to have cut the amount of shows last year.

I'm Sure Putnamville will have a very similar schedule as last season but will he continue with his point fund that ended up helping his car count last year.

I heard towards the end of last year rumors that Kokomo would but cutting the amout of weekly shows and concentrating on special shows more. I think they have a nitch with Sunday and they run an efficent show to get the racers and fans home at a decent time after seeing what is ussually a good show.

Here one to think about, will North Vernon step up and run more traditional 410 shows this year which if Paragon doesn't run on Saturday could bring the Paragon regulars to a new home. They have made some improvement over the last couple years and I think it could support a Saturday show if Paragon runs on Friday.

I feel Lawrenceburg will continue to run a simular show as they have in the past but seem to struggle some time to get a good car count.

As Fans and as Racers I would like to know what your thoughts are on the upcoming season and Local 410 racing and what you want to see or would like to see.

David Hair
Last edited by hairracer44; 12/23/18 at 1:16 PM.

6 members like this post: bighd0522, bigq11, jim goerge, mc/rider, oppweld, racegal
12/23/18, 3:26 PM   #2
PushEm

David,

Yes we are stepping up and running more sprint car shows. I am currently working on some good shows for next year as well as local shows. Stay tuned and I hope to see you and everyone next year.

Improvements made so far: Timing & Scoring Loop. New Fence and Cable.

12/23/18, 6:19 PM   #3
Re: Local Non Wing
hairracer44

AJ

While I have no definate plans right I don't see me being able to run Friday nights. I would think that the Paragon regulars would be more likely to support and open show on Saturdays.

1 member likes this post: Kydehart
12/23/18, 6:45 PM   #4
i love dirt track racing

Sounds like another new dirt track racing events will be going on at edge water over in Ohio.

12/23/18, 9:35 PM   #5
kcarm92

Charleston Illinois runs non wing on Saturday nights,sure they would love to have paragon regular's,and yes your right don't see 3 tracks being supported on Friday night

4 members like this post: Buster51, jim goerge, Leohr46, spicoli
12/23/18, 10:53 PM   #6
mech618

Come on everyone the 2 tracks that run on friday stragles getting a full car count i dont like goung up 69 late on friday and dont like trying to get to bloomington

12/23/18, 10:56 PM   #7
Buster51

I agree most of time I try to run a weekly show or go spectate work becomes an issue.

12/23/18, 11:57 PM   #8
Leohr46

If Paragon goes to a Friday night program. I will probably run there and a combination of Putnamville, Charleston and would like to try North Vernon on Saturdays.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
12/24/18, 12:14 AM   #9
PushEm

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairracer44 View Post
AJ

While I have no definate plans right I don't see me being able to run Friday nights. I would think that the Paragon regulars would be more likely to support and open show on Saturdays.
David my regular shows will be an open class of Sprints. No tire or engine rule. I will make a complete post coming up shortly of our complete dates. With the timing and scoring system expect some single car qualifying on regular shows with some addedicated fun. I'm looking forward to this season.

5 members like this post: hairracer44, Kydehart, Leohr46, PIT CART, sjracer26
12/24/18, 10:20 AM   #10
Re: Local Non Wing
hairracer44

AJ

I am looking forward to seeing your schedule. I ran there a few years ago and the track for the conditions seemed fast and fun.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Local Non Wing