IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Fishburger
1/14/20, 2:29 PM   #1
Fishburger
Gregg

I sadly post this to say Marv Fish has passed away this morning. This is about all I know at this point.

I know he was a friend and racing buddy to many on here including yours truly. I don't know that I ever met a greater race fan and a kinder man than him.

Rest in peace my good friend.

1/14/20, 2:38 PM   #2
Re: Fishburger
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

So sorry to hear this. My thoughts and prayers to his loved ones.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, racenut69
1/14/20, 2:57 PM   #3
Jerry Shaw

It's a tremendous loss to the IOW family and the Indiana racing community. We lost one not only one of our greatest race fans, but also one of the most looked up to and loved race fans. You didn't have to talk to Marv very long to know you were talking to not only a kind and decent man, but also a smart one, with a great sense of humor.

One of my favorite racing stories of all time is Marv talking about the rehersal for a wedding of his, one prior to his marriage to Jude. Either his bride to be or the family insisted on having this on Saturday evening at the same time he would have rather been at Lawrenceburg Speedway. And the hall was close to the track. I remember him saying "I smoked at that time, so stepped outside to have a smoke. And when I heard those Offys screaming, I said to myself 'This marriage just ain't gonna work."

R.I.P. Marv

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 1/14/20 at 7:59 PM.

1/14/20, 3:20 PM   #4
Charles Nungester

Race Count Last Year: 14

We've lost a man full of life. You could not, not like him. Was glad to know him and call him part of my racing family. Im also glad he got several more good years after his widowmaker. Prayers for his wife, family and friends.

Godspeed Marv.
May heaven be Bobs Baseball, bock and racing.

1/14/20, 4:38 PM   #5
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

I'm very saddened to hear of Marv's passing. I don't think you could ask to meet a nicer man. I'm glad I got to spend a couple Saturdays nights siting under the big A with Marv and the gang. It was an honor!

Marv told me one "Dave you ever fly out here to Cincinnati airport for the races you let me know and I'll come and pick you up." That just the kind of man her was.

From Midget week 2009.

RIP Marv!
Last edited by davidm; 1/14/20 at 6:34 PM.

1/14/20, 5:19 PM   #6
jim goerge

Man I sure hate earing this My thoughts and prays to family and friends

1/14/20, 5:47 PM   #7
dirt330

Sorry to hear of Marv's passing. He was quite a gentleman had the privilege of meeting him about 5 years ago and always welcome me to section A

2 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, Jerry Shaw
1/14/20, 6:17 PM   #8
Charles Nungester

Race Count Last Year: 14

From Marv's FB Page

This is Marv's granddaughter, Kendra Fletcher. It pains me to say that my papaw passed away early this morning. As most of you know, he has had quite a battle with his health for some time and has kept you all in the loop in a positive/respectful manner. Thank you all for your kind words, thoughts, and prayers during this time. Our family appreciates the support.
We have made arrangements at Fitch-Denny Funeral Home in Greendale, IN; Friday, 1/17/2020, visitation from 11am-1pm and funeral at 1pm with burial following at Greendale Cemetery (look on his timeline for further information).
If anyone would like to say something at the funeral, they will have the opportunity to do so. Any stories or fond memories that you have shared or wish to share about my papaw.
After the services, Marvin would want us to celebrate his life at one of his favorite watering holes.... WILLIES Sports Bar and Grill in Hidden Valley. To have a drink.
Donations made to the family will be distributed to one of Marv's favorite passions: sprint car racing at "The Burg". Along the lines of "The Hard Charger Award"
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 1/14/20 at 6:32 PM.

1/14/20, 8:07 PM   #9
robert gatten

Sorry to hear about Marv's passing. I'm so glad I had the pleasure of meeting such a nice man and a great race fan. Prayers for the family. God's speed my friend .

1 member likes this post: Charles Nungester
1/15/20, 12:28 PM   #10
racenut69

Prayers and RIP,Marv.

1 member likes this post: Pat O'Connor Fan
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Fishburger