IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Bloomington speedway opens 2019 season under new manag
1/25/19, 7:35 PM   #11
Re: Usac: Bloomington speedway opens 2019 season under new m
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 4
Race Count Last Year: 22

“Planned improvements include new grandstand seating”
Aww man, I always liked feeling like I was drunk when walking up and down that crooked concrete sober.
One thing I hope they get rid of is those little red spider mites that infest the grandstands.

4 members like this post: jim goerge, Racingblues, wildman92, WinglessLovers
1/25/19, 8:08 PM   #12
Racingblues

The little red spider mites drove me away 2 years. If they're gone I will return. The racing is always top notch but the grandstands are not tolerable. Count me in if the facility is upgraded.

1/25/19, 8:34 PM   #13
kcarm92

Wonder why no one wants to be a promotor, they just made the announcement and people allready complaining, I'm not a big fan of usac ,but give them a chance ,and it's still going to be a race track, instead of a subdivision

1/25/19, 9:10 PM   #14
Buster51

Yep everybody wants to ***** and complain. But they dont want to spend there money or time to make things better. Before social media you would go to a track be so dusty couldnt see a car and be happy you got to go to a race.

1/25/19, 9:16 PM   #15
openwheelfan1

I sincerely hope that this will inject new life in to Bloomington Speedway. I believe it is one of the longest operating tracks in Indiana, and one of the first tracks I ever visited. IF the new promotion team does indeed replace the existing grandstands, I for one will not miss them. Those stands have to be some of the most uncomfortable things I’ve ever parked my oversized butt on!

1/25/19, 11:28 PM   #16
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racingblues View Post
The little red spider mites drove me away 2 years. If they're gone I will return.
If the lil red mites drove you off, just maybe not the race fan you think you are???

1/26/19, 12:06 AM   #17
Chief Wahoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpracing1 View Post
If the lil red mites drove you off, just maybe not the race fan you think you are???
Zing

1/26/19, 12:09 AM   #18
Indy1808

Race Count This Year: 37
Race Count Last Year: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinser View Post
Here’s my question: USAC can’t pay bigger purses but they can lease a racetrack and spend money to make improvements ??
I agree. These are sad days for this long traditional sport. Obviously they don’t want to be a common blue collar sport they have always been.
Is the sanction completely BLIND to the abandonment of their participants to WING Racing?
Example- McGhee Racing

Spending sanction money on the wrong things & moving in the wrong direction.
Cars are not leaving because of the facility. They are leaving to go wing racing for the purse structure!

——————————————
Mission of the United States Auto Club.
The purpose and mission of the United States Auto Club is to develop racing rules and specifications, enforce those rules and specifications via trained officials, and create and organize the racing framework for racing participants and those who organize the races.
——————————————
Neurologist Robert Burton, who studies the biological basis of bias and why our brains tend to reject information that broadens our outlook:
“Our blindness grows out of the small, daily decisions that we make, which embed us more snugly inside our affirming thoughts and values. And what’s most frightening about this process is that as we see less and less, we feel more comfort and greater certainty. We think we see more — even as the landscape shrinks.“
"Sitting in the Stands " #noteamracing

1 member likes this post: opnwhlmnd
1/26/19, 12:17 AM   #19
Chief Wahoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy1808 View Post
I agree. These are sad days for this long traditional sport. Obviously they don’t want to be a common blue collar sport they have always been.
Is the sanction completely BLIND to the abandonment of their participants to WING Racing?
Example- McGhee Racing

Spending sanction money on the wrong things & moving in the wrong direction.
Cars are not leaving because of the facility. They are leaving to go wing racing for the purse structure!
.“
Maybe they got extra money since they didn’t pay Ballou?

1/26/19, 1:35 AM   #20
SoIllSprinter

Don’t know the particulars but I would assume if USAC had not stepped in maybe this season, at the least, would have been lost. But hey, keep ripping on the sanctioning body that obviously has become strong enough to step into a situation like this.

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Bloomington speedway opens 2019 season under new manag