IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > IndyCar's Future
12/21/23, 6:05 PM   #61
Re: IndyCar's Future
Stevensville Mike

Meanwhile getting us back on track (myself included), would you support and IndyCar series with a spec chassis, spec tire, and a possible spec engine?

The Champ Car World Series (prior known as CART) wound up here in the early 00s with spec Cosworth power plants post open wheel split. This might be where IndyCar is going/returning.

Me? If this happens, my interest in the series drops off tenfold. If this DOES happen, I hope at least there will be some sort of formula which will allow other entries into the Indianapolis 500 vice spec/spec/spec. A more "open" type of entrants. Make it a race like it was when CART ruled IndyCars, but USAC called the shots at the 500. That was where the Buick always showed up.

One thing is for sure - the show will go on.

Great banter here, fans. Great banter. Gotta love trying to get a fix during the off-season.

12/21/23, 8:48 PM   #62
The Old Coyote

Now, here is an Indy Car

12/22/23, 3:24 AM   #63
jdull99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevensville Mike View Post
Meanwhile getting us back on track (myself included), would you support and IndyCar series with a spec chassis, spec tire, and a possible spec engine?

The Champ Car World Series (prior known as CART) wound up here in the early 00s with spec Cosworth power plants post open wheel split. This might be where IndyCar is going/returning.

Me? If this happens, my interest in the series drops off tenfold. If this DOES happen, I hope at least there will be some sort of formula which will allow other entries into the Indianapolis 500 vice spec/spec/spec. A more "open" type of entrants. Make it a race like it was when CART ruled IndyCars, but USAC called the shots at the 500. That was where the Buick always showed up.

One thing is for sure - the show will go on.

Great banter here, fans. Great banter. Gotta love trying to get a fix during the off-season.
I'm all in (with the "tri-spec-ta"). Already have two of them, and the fields are loaded (take away the wish for 55+ at Indy), parity is good, the racing is fierce, and the safety factor is best ever. Ilmor can save the day! Maybe Cosworth could work up another choice tho???

If Indycar and their TV partners are smart, they will schedule some great venues and televise them on free over the air broadcast TV, in the middle of the summers from 2025 and on. NASCAR will be on the streaming deal for a few weeks and Indycar could maybe pick up some viewers (I know, there is so much more to "ratings" nowdays, but this could be a way to score a few thousand "easy" watchers...).
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

12/22/23, 3:25 AM   #64
jdull99

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Old Coyote View Post
Now, here is an Indy Car

Not bad for a rear-engine version...
Last edited by jdull99; 12/23/23 at 3:23 AM.

4 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, luckybuc97, mc/rider, racenut69
12/22/23, 3:44 PM   #65
Blackduce

No comments on Champ dirt cars. Should they be included for car and driver. All for the Championship like the good old days.The we had a real Champion. I remember running Sprimgfield with the dirt car on Saturday and Milwakee Sunday rear engine. So much fun. Most of the road racers went back home and never tried dirt after the Indy 500. Is this good or bad??

1 member likes this post: jdull99
12/22/23, 6:15 PM   #66
The55

Quote:
Now, here is an Indy Car

Those Lightning’s were butt ugly in my view, many others that were more pleasing to the eye.

12/22/23, 6:33 PM   #67
The Old Coyote

That basic design is what appeals to me. No wings, side pods or ground effects. Just four open wheels and tons of horsepower.

3 members like this post: dirtybob29, Hustlin-Hoosier, luckybuc97
12/23/23, 5:16 AM   #68
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

Quote:
That basic design is what appeals to me. No wings, side pods or ground effects. Just four open wheels and tons of horsepower.
And a young man in his prime at the wheel

3 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, luckybuc97, The Old Coyote
12/23/23, 5:39 PM   #69
Vookie

From Adam Stern Twitter feed this afternoon:

@IMS says that it's up by roughly 10,000 tickets for the 108th Indy 500 versus the comparable sales period last year, and that it would already have 225,000 people in attendance all told if the May event was held today.

1 member likes this post: jdull99
12/23/23, 10:05 PM   #70
jdull99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vookie View Post
From Adam Stern Twitter feed this afternoon:

@IMS says that it's up by roughly 10,000 tickets for the 108th Indy 500 versus the comparable sales period last year, and that it would already have 225,000 people in attendance all told if the May event was held today.
I hope they note the current product is GREAT and they don't need to change it a lot...I know a friend of mine took his wife last year; cuz they didn't want their first 500 to be anything other than fuel powered engines (for real! lol).

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > IndyCar's Future