IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Got the gig! Hulbert named full-time usac national ann
2/19/24, 11:40 AM   #1
Usac: Got the gig! Hulbert named full-time usac national ann
admin

2/19/24 11:30 AM GOT THE GIG! HULBERT NAMED FULL-TIME USAC NATIONAL ANNOUNCER FOR 2024

https://www.usacracing.com/news/spri...uncer-for-2024

GOT THE GIG! HULBERT NAMED FULL-TIME USAC NATIONAL ANNOUNCER FOR 2024

By: Richie Murray – USAC Media

Speedway, Indiana (February 19, 2024)………Bryan Hulbert has been named the full-time lead announcer for USAC national racing in 2024.

Hulbert’s role will encompass full coverage of each and every event on the Silver Crown, AMSOIL Sprint Car and NOS Energy Drink Midget National Championship schedule on the track’s public address system as well as on FloRacing’s live stream of every race throughout the 2024 USAC national season.

Originally hailing from New Mexico, but now residing in Oklahoma, Hulbert announced the first six races of the USAC season during the recent Winter Dirt Games XV series in February in Florida, having the opportunity to announce for an organization he has long held an affinity for since his youngest days as a race fan.

“It's very humbling to get the chance to represent USAC, its drivers and sponsors,” Hulbert said.* “USAC is a series I've followed since I was a kid and have always held in high regard.* I'm looking forward to the season and the challenges that come with it.* Winter Dirt Games gave me a chance to work with the entire team and get a feel for how the series runs on a night-to-night basis, start making connections with the teams and establishing a routine.”

Hulbert has handled announcing duties at racetracks for 18 seasons.* He started as a trackside reporter in 2006 before taking on the role of lead announcer in 2007 at dirt tracks such as Southern New Mexico Speedway and Texas’ El Paso Speedway Park.

A jack of all trades in motorsports, Hulbert has worked extensively in the departments of marketing, public relations, graphic design, ad design, commercial production, voiceovers, hanging banners, production work, you name it.

Hulbert has also been a fixture on the microphone at the Chili Bowl Nationals for more than a decade, a role he will retain during the winter months following the conclusion of the USAC season.

“The fun part about my job is that I still get to be a fan and contribute to the sport I love,” Hulbert stated.* “Chili Bowl and the Tulsa Shootout are the same way, and fortunately, working for USAC will allow me to keep doing what I've been doing in Tulsa with the added benefit of being able to follow teams and drivers I normally only get to see one week a year. *It’s definitely going to make studying for the test a lot easier!”

Hulbert’s next gig with USAC will arrive when the National Sprint Car season resumes on Friday, April 5, for the running of the Jim Hurtubise Classic at Indiana’s Terre Haute Action Track.

2/19/24, 11:50 AM   #2
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Good choice🏁🏁

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

2/19/24, 12:12 PM   #3
Re: Usac: Got the gig! Hulbert named full-time usac national
Hubie48

No issues

other than

when did it become necessary to have a "catch phrase"

I'm not "saving my lunch money" and I doubt anyone else is. I'm also not "dropping the hammer"

I think the need for a "catch phrase" to announce the start of a FEATURE EVENT is really dumb for a National Series.

"Its why you quit dating your sister"

"Its why you gave up heroin"

"Its why you cleaned up for the parole board"

2 members like this post: azsprintfan1, Rick Eaton
2/19/24, 12:19 PM   #4
DJlives

I think I've got it "Okay fans as the cars line up in the familar four wide salute it's time to get to your feet and grouches head to your keyboards"

2/19/24, 12:27 PM   #5
The Old Coyote

To each his own Hubie48. I don't mind catch phrases. They are only a figure of speech used to create excitement!
The only thing I ever saved my lunch money for was gas to go cruising in my 51 Ford! Those were the days!

4 members like this post: azsprintfan1, BrentTFunk, erich45, flagboy55
2/19/24, 12:55 PM   #6
cmakin

Brian is a great choice. I have known him for many years now, from his time with the ASCS. Very knowledgeable about racing. I wish him the absolute best of luck.

2/19/24, 12:59 PM   #7
Bobcat47

Congratulations Bryan! I've always enjoyed your commentary and your passion for the history of the sport.

2/19/24, 4:09 PM   #8

Great Choice!!!

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Chief Wahoo, flagboy55, oppweld
2/19/24, 5:05 PM   #9
Jerry Shaw

Great choice! I was hoping this wasn’t just a temporary gig, for him. He’s been a great announcer for a long time.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Chief Wahoo, flagboy55, mc/rider, PIT CART
2/19/24, 8:30 PM   #10
openwheelfan1

I think USAC has made a great choice. Bryan seems knowledgable, and genuinely seems to care about the sport and the fans.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, flagboy55, Hubie48
Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Got the gig! Hulbert named full-time usac national ann