IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > NO Mav coverage tonight???
1/13/24, 10:32 PM   #11
duel

Who ever was in charge of that national tv deal really screwed it up. Running like it should tonight.

1/13/24, 11:21 PM   #12
Re: NO Mav coverage tonight???
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtfan View Post
Just a question,have you investigated switching to @ streaming service?
No, I'm old school. I haven't even taken the time to figure out how to connect my laptop to my TV
Wanna come over & show me?

3 members like this post: mlamb, tirespinner, toprowjim
1/13/24, 11:53 PM   #13
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by revjimk View Post
No, I'm old school. I haven't even taken the time to figure out how to connect my laptop to my TV
Wanna come over & show me?
Naw just just cast it from your phone to the TV.

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

1/14/24, 12:00 AM   #14
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtfan View Post
Naw just just cast it from your phone to the TV.
I don't know how to do that either...

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
1/14/24, 12:21 AM   #15
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

A very commendable job by FLO Racing and everyone involved with the Chili Bowl,checkered flag at 10:45 EST.

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

1/14/24, 5:34 AM   #16
Scott Daloisio

Feel bad for the people who could not watch it on Flo for whatever reason. However, was glad to see it was no longer on MAV TV. Their coverage of the last five main events every year was longer than the annual Jerry Lewis telethons.

1/14/24, 5:35 AM   #17
jdull99

I get to "complain" this year (it really didn't bother me; just figured I'd represent those that do not think it has to end in the 9pm hour)...Mid-afternoon, I confirmed my local corner pub (a "race bar") had coverage (amazing! Pretty neat, even though I don't have/make time to go to many, they have a LOT of short track races - 95% pavement Late Models; but that's ok - on at the place: Crazy Times Pub & Grub in Machesney Park), and I hoped to patronize the establishment later in the day; once I completed other tasks and was set to make time to watch at least the A-main. Thankfully, before I headed that way, I was able to check results on the phone, and I was shocked it was over that early!!! My night woulda worked out for viewing around the recent standard 11:25pm cst time slot. Oh well. Good for those in Tulsa, they got to leave early (imagine many stuck around later though anyway). The early end cost the joint I was gonna support about $7 (lol) though...(the price of the two beers I mighta had...).

But really, why didn't they work the track this year? I feel that is what took the most time.
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)
Last edited by jdull99; 1/14/24 at 3:24 PM.

2 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, tirespinner
1/14/24, 5:39 AM   #18
jdull99

The same debate is going on about the football game that was on last night, and I'm ok with it being on whatever its on, BUT, I certainly think there is a better chance to attract new viewers; if its smthn that they might find flipping channels (which I know is rare these days; and not everyone has Mav. But I am very curious, do more people have Mav or FLO? In regards to the football game, I guess 30m have Peacock. Which is kinda low...certainly lower than regular TV channels...at this time anyways...I'd suspect for awhile...)
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

2 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, tirespinner
1/14/24, 10:34 PM   #19
4 Piston

Race Count This Year: 1

Flo is well worth it at $159/yr. I watch several events a year on there. It’s better than old TV coverage that condenses stuff into short time slots and shows to a fraction of what’s going on. I was at the track all week and still used it, then got back home and watched my guys today on the big screen.

2 members like this post: Ilovedirttrackracing, tirespinner
1/15/24, 8:59 PM   #20
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdull99 View Post
Mid-afternoon, I confirmed my local corner pub (a "race bar") had coverage (amazing! Pretty neat, even though I don't have/make time to go to many, they have a LOT of short track races - 95% pavement Late Models; but that's ok - on at the place: Crazy Times Pub & Grub in Machesney Park), and I hoped to patronize the establishment later in the day; once I completed other tasks and was set to make time to watch at least the A-main.
Interesting, j. I do not know the law in Illinois, but a friend of mine had a bar some 15-20 years back. As he explained to me once, in Michigan, it is illegal to air something that is not viewable via television in a public place, such as a bar. Now one could air MAV TV, for it is a television station, albeit a pay-for-view channel. But Flo is not aired over TV, so therefore that would be illegal.

Us race fans are low hanging fruit for the feds anyways. They have bigger fish to fry.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > NO Mav coverage tonight???