IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > GATEWAY DIRT NATIONALS . STL - Edwards Jones Dome.
2/16/16, 6:24 PM   #1
GATEWAY DIRT NATIONALS . STL - Edwards Jones Dome.
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Just seen on Facebook
DIRT LATE MODELS & MODIFIEDS INDOORS.
http://www.GatewayDirt.com
Gateway Dirt Nationals - St. Louis
December 15th - 17th 2016
Dirt Late Models & Modifieds
Prelim nights $5K to win
FINALS - DIRT LATE MODELS $20K to win & MODIFIEDS $10K to win.

TRACK will be a banked 1/5th mile.
Last edited by nathans1012; 5/15/16 at 5:35 PM.

3 members like this post: gearguy, Puppy, stealth43k
2/16/16, 8:04 PM   #2
Re: GATEWAY DIRT NATIONALS . STL - Edwards Jones Dome.
Jonr

So, after some early research, it would appear that this is the same company that put on the IndyIndoors race. If you look at the contact information on both web sites, they both have the same PO Box in Charlotte, NC.

I am glad to see that they learned their lesson and will be building a track in the venue instead of spreading dirt on the floor. Even though the building is a lot bigger, I am still concerned that the bigger cars will be putting out much more fumes. I can see the air quality still being an issue.

Also, interesting that they decided to put modifieds on the schedule. It would seem that this show would not need a supporting class.

2/16/16, 8:28 PM   #3
nathans1012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonr View Post
So, after some early research, it would appear that this is the same company that put on the IndyIndoors race. If you look at the contact information on both web sites, they both have the same PO Box in Charlotte, NC.

I am glad to see that they learned their lesson and will be building a track in the venue instead of spreading dirt on the floor. Even though the building is a lot bigger, I am still concerned that the bigger cars will be putting out much more fumes. I can see the air quality still being an issue.

Also, interesting that they decided to put modifieds on the schedule. It would seem that this show would not need a supporting class.
Heard Tri-City Speedway (IL) promoter Kevin Gundaker will be assisting in putting on the show. If that's the case that is great news.
Last edited by nathans1012; 2/16/16 at 8:32 PM.

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
2/16/16, 8:32 PM   #4
Jonr

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathans1012 View Post
Heard Tri-City Speedway (IL) promoter Kevin Gundaker will be assisting in putting on the show.
Will he be a co-promoter or is just helping with track prep and track operations.

2/16/16, 8:34 PM   #5
Jonr

I will also give them credit for having a really good promotional video on their web site. It was really good.

2/16/16, 9:06 PM   #6
nathans1012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonr View Post
Will he be a co-promoter or is just helping with track prep and track operations.
Not really sure. but his son and UMP Super Late Model competitor Gordy Gundaker posted on his Facebook page that KG will be helping as well.

2/16/16, 10:13 PM   #7
nathans1012

The event is NOT by invitation only. The more the merrier.

2/16/16, 11:00 PM   #8
oljonesy

the football team is gone...use it for something. bravo !

5 members like this post: jim goerge, motorhead748, Nate, nathans1012, WinglessLovers
2/16/16, 11:23 PM   #9
Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by oljonesy View Post
the football team is gone...use it for something. bravo !
Just posted that almost verbatim on Twitter. I love the location and timing of this event as well.

Just before Christmas, not much of anything going on. St. Louis is a centralized location and not a huge hall for fans to make it even from most parts of Indiana. Should draw a lot of fans from Kentucky, Tennessee, Arkansas and obviously Missouri...hot beds for late model fans.

Only thing that concerns me as of right now would be the size of the track. 1/5 mi. for late models? Don't know about that but I'm open minded for someone trying something new.

1 member likes this post: Daddyo
2/16/16, 11:31 PM   #10
nathans1012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate View Post
Just posted that almost verbatim on Twitter. I love the location and timing of this event as well.

Just before Christmas, not much of anything going on. St. Louis is a centralized location and not a huge hall for fans to make it even from most parts of Indiana. Should draw a lot of fans from Kentucky, Tennessee, Arkansas and obviously Missouri...hot beds for late model fans.

Only thing that concerns me as of right now would be the size of the track. 1/5 mi. for late models? Don't know about that but I'm open minded for someone trying something new.
Don't know about that? The Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series run 100 lap race at Macon Speedway on the 1/5 mile in mid spring each year and it's been done at Belle-Clair with the WOO Late Model Series as well. St. Louis Pic-A-Part 100 at Macon. Look it up on you tube. Late Models at Macon are nuts as it gets and Fast.

Would be cool if they did it 2 weekends in a row. Late Models & Modifieds one weekend and Sprint and Midgets the next weekend.

5 members like this post: dirt40, DirtHawk92, jim goerge, Nate, Thomas Finn
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > GATEWAY DIRT NATIONALS . STL - Edwards Jones Dome.