IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Heartland Thunder
7/28/10, 11:40 PM   #11
#1jackhewittfan

Race Count This Year: 45

i work 3rd shift i only found out because my dvr was still set to record the show.
Posted via Mobile Device

7/29/10, 12:46 AM   #12
Re: Heartland Thunder
ImissAscot

My DVR recorded 2 new episodes lastnight (Tues.). The 1st was where the "Old Man" took his motor back to Mullins and they replaced it for him. The 2nd was a non points "Border War" race at a smaller the Lakeside track across the Lake in Missouri that paid $1,000 to win instead of $600 at Lakeside

7/29/10, 1:10 AM   #13
JDFAST

i heard they were thinking of doing a similiar program (not sure who) about the Ventura raceway and the VRA 360 sprints.

Would of been interesting film last week as Josh Ford called the cops on Kevin Kierce after there run in on and off the track. Plus Josh got in trouble for throwing a dirt clod at a driver during the Kart race. (yep thats what I said). Lots of other interesting things happened on this full moon night, and if you care you can read about it on VRAFAN.com

Lots of flips and hurt feeling at the small 1/4 or 1/5 mile, but that might be why they call it the Best Little Dirt Track In America with all the action they have each week with both good and bad slide jobs throughout the evening.

One can only wonder how the drivers would act if they brought in real camera. Someone told me during Sprint Week that Madhouse and Heartland Thunder made up stuff during the show to make it more interesting (feuds, police, radio talk shows about the track).

But it sure is fun too watch. Is Madhouse coming back, because Junior sure was an interesting character.

PS If you have showtime, turn on Penn & Teller show (Bull Sh&&) this week. Its about old people but there is a story on a Senior VRA Division Sprint Car driver, I think Ron Bach or Roarin Orin Prosser. Could be interesting

7/29/10, 2:11 AM   #14
az02

I guess it was 92° outside according to the heat gun
Posted via Mobile Device

7/29/10, 4:01 AM   #15
Russ

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1jackhewittfan View Post
if anybody is interested they started airing the last episodes this week at 2am.
Posted via Mobile Device
I've been watching it. It's pretty entertaining. I just wish they would show a little more true racing action. It seems like there is alot of editing in the little racing action they do show.

7/29/10, 10:15 AM   #16
terrehautian

I wonder if this show is online to watch it because I haven't kept up since I thought it was taken off the air at some point (or moved). I did like the autocrossing part of last nights show (something I want to try at some point when I have a qualified car).

7/29/10, 10:26 AM   #17
Eatin Dirt

terrehautian, go to discoverychannel.com I have been watching the show on there each morning this week. I think this is the last week it will be on. Once on discovery click on tv shows and click on heartland thunder. from there you will find the episodes.

7/29/10, 10:30 AM   #18
racerdog45

Here is a reply I got back from Discovery

I hear you loud and clear Heartland Thunder fans. I, too, loved the show and was sad to learn that it would not finish out its run on Discovery Channel. But because of your loyalty to the show, the network has agreed to put the remaining episodes online – in full! That's right; you can watch the entire series online starting Friday, July 23.

Here is the schedule of when each episode will air online:
Episodes 1 and 2 will be online as of Friday 7/23
Episode 3 will be online as of Tuesday 7/27
Episode 4 will be online as of Wednesday 7/28
Episode 5 will be online as of Thursday 7/29
Episode 6 will be online as of Friday 7/30

you can either go to the site and put heartland thunder in the search or try this link

http://dsc.discovery.com/search/resu...rtland+thunder
Last edited by racerdog45; 7/29/10 at 10:31 AM.

7/29/10, 11:06 AM   #19
Bradleyracing86

It's nice to just have a show about racing, but after watching the few episodes that have accumulated the last few days I'm not so sure I am still a fan. It seems like there is some fabricated drama coupled with screaming wives. Not to mention the same guy had smoked them 4 weeks straight, maybe it would be more entertaining if he was included in the show more? Some of the portrayed racers reinforce a familiar negative sterotype that is not good for the sport.
Posted via Mobile Device
Last edited by Bradleyracing86; 7/29/10 at 3:28 PM.

1 member likes this post: TQ29m
7/29/10, 3:08 PM   #20
jim goerge

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonkerII View Post
Read on their facebook page that the series is doing well in the ratings and they are not going to be making any more.
WOW Its so much better than that Madhouse lol That was a joke all they they did was aggue and knock people out of the way

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Heartland Thunder