IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Where are the racing fans
7/28/10, 7:45 PM   #1
Where are the racing fans
racerjim2

It worries me to see tracks with less than overflowing stands for some of the greatest racing in America.

A great show Monday night at the Marion County Fairground with the TQ midgets and it didn't look like that many fans in the seats. A beautiful layout with nice stands and very reasonable admission prices but yet empty seats. Indiana fans don't know how lucky they are.

Your open wheel racing in Indiana is 2nd to none so get out and enjoy it or are there any real racing fans left in the world?

7/28/10, 9:39 PM   #2
Re: Where are the racing fans
sprinter25

It simple, if you ask me....

It was a Monday night, which means work the next day for almost everyone.....

It's TQ midgets; I'm not saying that they provide poor entertainment, but in these times of limited discretionary $$$, something has to give. Sprint cars or TQ's??? I know what most folks will pick.......

2 members like this post: jim goerge, speed bump
7/29/10, 4:19 PM   #3
Re: Where are the racing fans
TQ29m

I don't think it was the type of cars that were racing, or the fact it was a Monday night, or the fact that they could watch for almost nothing, there were lot's of people at the fair, but they weren't aware of the racing going on, for a couple of reasons, the fair board makes more money off the midway, so that's where the attention is placed, and the fact that most people had their young kids in strollers, so a 6mo old doesn't want to watch racing, he was probably cranky, and wasn't in a happy mood anyway. It'll be interesting to see, when we go back, I'm sure the track will be better prepared, and the driver's will be more familiar with how to drive this new track, and, lot's of folks just don't have the extra bucks right now, it cost them $5.00, before they got to see anything, except grass, and holes deep enough to park a semi in! Bob

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Where are the racing fans