IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Racing Insurance
7/8/21, 2:23 PM   #11
Re: Racing Insurance
hoscalecody

TQ29m, It seems to still be that way for USAC at least for the more local divisions. I don't know if the National series or anything is different, but it says, it comes after your Primary insurance, the track insurance and your pet insurance.

I'm one of the unlucky ones, because the way it seems is our primary insurance won't cover me, if I get in a racing accident. I haven't tested that out, yet just what we was told. Hey my back is already screwed up from a flip a few years ago, a little more pain probably won't hurt to much.
Last edited by hoscalecody; 7/8/21 at 2:28 PM.

3 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, jim goerge, tirespinner
7/9/21, 4:58 PM   #12
DRC II

I imagine it still works this way. Your personal ins first, then track ins then USAC. If you don't have personal ins or what you have doesn't cover racing, track ins will be first. If at a USAC race the track will always have participant accident ins.

Mike Devin

7/9/21, 9:47 PM   #13
TQ29m

Back pain don't ever get better, arthritis will set in while you wait, doesn't leave you many choices

4 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, jim goerge, Ken Bonnema, tirespinner
7/9/21, 9:49 PM   #14
TQ29m

Mike, you have the correct words in the right order. Thanks

4 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, jim goerge, racenut69, tirespinner
7/10/21, 9:31 AM   #15
Last Lap

Mr Devin don't you have to be a member of USAC for that insurance to kick in?

3 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, jim goerge, tirespinner
7/10/21, 10:56 AM   #16
DRC II

Not sure anymore but why wouldn't you join for the coverage they have.

Mike Devin

7/11/21, 10:55 AM   #17
Last Lap

I agree that it's cheep insurance. I had been told that you had to be a member to be covered. Just for information thinking your covered when you are not a member but your not if not a member.

2 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, tirespinner
7/11/21, 7:48 PM   #18
DRC II

Non members are covered by their personal ins (if any) then track ins then any excess they might have purchased.

3 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, Sandy Lowe, tirespinner
7/12/21, 2:17 PM   #19
Midget98

I never really knew the order of who paid what from a racing incident, but I never saw a bill or was even asked for any of my personal insurance information when I had to spend the night in the hospital in Belleville, KS at a USAC race. I was not a USAC member at the time and was just running a few USAC midget races that year. The only mention of any expenses was when I was leaving and the doctor said I couldn't get back in a racecar for a week. He said that if I didn't follow this, I would be responsible for all the medical bills rather than the USAC insurance. I was pleasantly surprised by not just the level of care at the track and hospital, but by the way the USAC people (staff, medical crew, traveling minister) made sure I was taken care of after leaving the hospital also.

7/12/21, 4:04 PM   #20
diversified

For about the cost of two tires, it looks like either STIDA or Competitive Advantage would be great coverage to have. Hospital costs are crazy these days, unfortunately I experienced a few non racing trips to the hospital and the bills would have been staggering without insurance.
The exclusions and restrictions written into most insurance policies may make it pretty risky to rely on your "normal" health insurance. Not to mention life insurance, disability insurance, etc-those you usually need a rider (more $$$) to cover racing, riding motorcycles, skydiving, scuba diving and other fun activities...

2 members like this post: racenut69, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Racing Insurance