IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > World of Outlaw wreck?
2/12/18, 9:01 AM   #11
kcarm92

Now back to a few post awhile back, you think anybody gave Gravel a concussion test or anything like that before they let him back into a replacement car, uhhh probably not,

4 members like this post: bighd0522, kinser, Leohr46, trannyman
2/12/18, 10:14 AM   #12
Re: World of Outlaw wreck?
Backitin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarm92 View Post
Now back to a few post awhile back, you think anybody gave Gravel a concussion test or anything like that before they let him back into a replacement car, uhhh probably not,
A concussion test, lol. I miss the old days when it was known racers had no brains to hurt.
As far as there being some cage damage, duh looked pretty violent. No cage will survive every perceivable hit without damage. Seems like the cage did its job.

3 members like this post: Blackduce, kinser, Kydehart
2/12/18, 12:00 PM   #13
kcarm92

That's the point I'm making , people are worried car didn't do its job,so now they will want to add something else for safety, not checking on the driver to see if he is ok to drive

2 members like this post: bighd0522, cdav20
2/12/18, 4:11 PM   #14
Therealether

There's a video on YouTube.
Last edited by Therealether; 2/12/18 at 4:18 PM.

2/12/18, 5:43 PM   #15
stoney

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinser View Post
It looks like the top right hoop of the cage is bent down. Which I would assume is from getting hit by the other car. I’ve seen far worse cage damage from lighter hits.
like this
Attached Images
20130703_202545.jpg (1.00 MB, 282 views)

2/12/18, 6:19 PM   #16
sprntr

Maybe it’s time to test some dirt roadsters!

2 members like this post: Blackduce, mc/rider
2/12/18, 7:58 PM   #17
Sprintcarfanatic

Sure he could build it but the weight alone wouldn't sell the chassis until it was a proven winner & or mandatory.

By the way try & find Charlie Fishers car he ran at Eldora. If I'm thinking right he is a welding engineer & builds drag racing frames.
Last edited by Sprintcarfanatic; 2/12/18 at 7:59 PM.

2 members like this post: flatout, tirespinner
2/12/18, 8:27 PM   #18
smith19

all the fisher boys were smart as he11...

2 members like this post: motorhead748, tirespinner
2/12/18, 10:30 PM   #19
PushEm

Ok to end all speculation regarding David Gravel and his condition following the wreck. Yes he was checked and cleared by trained Medical staff from Volusia County AirEvac right after the accident. I was right there when he got out of the car and seen by them. Also the following day he was checked again. They are taking no risks when it comes to driver safety.

Cage safety: All these cars go thru an extensive tech on the cage. This was yet another fluke accident but the car owner is being very proactive on where to go from here. Nobody was blaming the cage for anything just simply what can we do.

David was very lucky to walk away and Tim even came right up to him to see if he was ok and both drivers were not mad about the accident.

Outside of that the speeds are extremely fast there and every year I go down to work it in the back of my mind I know how quickly things can go wrong.

2/13/18, 1:24 AM   #20
Kydehart

Quote:
Originally Posted by PushEm View Post
Ok to end all speculation regarding David Gravel and his condition following the wreck. Yes he was checked and cleared by trained Medical staff from Volusia County AirEvac right after the accident. I was right there when he got out of the car and seen by them. Also the following day he was checked again. They are taking no risks when it comes to driver safety.

Cage safety: All these cars go thru an extensive tech on the cage. This was yet another fluke accident but the car owner is being very proactive on where to go from here. Nobody was blaming the cage for anything just simply what can we do.

David was very lucky to walk away and Tim even came right up to him to see if he was ok and both drivers were not mad about the accident.

Outside of that the speeds are extremely fast there and every year I go down to work it in the back of my mind I know how quickly things can go wrong.
Thank you!

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > World of Outlaw wreck?