IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > MMSA Race at Moler Raceway Park
5/19/08, 8:07 PM   #1
MMSA Race at Moler Raceway Park
Bill May

The MMSA 1,000cc winged mini sprint "winged warrior tour" will make their second of five scheduled events at Moler Raceway Park (near Williamsburg OH) on fri. May 23rd. All upright mini sprints are welcome to join us, with the cancellation of the AMSA race at Lawrenceburg on the 24th this provides an opportunity for their members to race this weekend, see our website for info. & rules "midwestminisprints.com"
Some MMSA members plan to support the race at Osgood on May 30th.which is an open date for them.

I know area track promoters will appreciate both groups supporting each other when possible, thus resulting in higher car count and making us both more attractive, especially when scheduling major events in the future.

The MMSA presently has 41 full and 7 guest members, and in spite of the threatening weather on race day,the high price of gas with the travel involved we have still averaged over 20 cars per event.

I want to thank all who have supported the MMSA thus far in our first season and encourage others to join us at Moler this weekend and other events throughout the remainder of the season.

Thanks, Bill May

5/20/08, 9:53 AM   #2
Re: MMSA Race at Moler Raceway Park
Bill May

As usual, we will be paying $1,000 to win,$100 to start the feature,$50 to the hard charger,$25 to all cars that fail to qualify out of the "B" main plus a bonus to the top two 600cc cars in the feature.

Top three cars in all races will be weighed.

Bill May

5/20/08, 3:09 PM   #3
Bill May

T T T

5/21/08, 2:20 PM   #4
Bill May

T T T

5/22/08, 9:26 AM   #5
Bill May

T T T

5/22/08, 3:18 PM   #6
Dale800

Mr May. Is it 1000 to win, or 1000 to win for members? 500 to win for non-members? One other thing 20$ guest fee, and then another 20$ to draw for your starting position . Just wanted to know what I was running for before I come over. Thanks

5/22/08, 4:19 PM   #7
Bill May

Dale800, Go to the MMSA website "www.midwestminisprints.com" for info,rules and other details, The $1,000 to win is for full paid up members for their protection from cherry pickers, You are more than welcome to race with us at Moler as a guest, We paid $1,000 to win at 35 Raceway last week, What was the winner paid at the AMSA race sat.? I beleive both tracks had the same car count. There were some full paid MMSA members there, I haven't seen any AMSA Guy's yet.

We are fair and friendly, come race and have some fun.

Thanks, Bill May

5/22/08, 7:39 PM   #8
S&R58

Mr. May,
I don't think you fully answered Dale 800's questions about the extra fees. I personally think that it is very unprofessional to consider any mini-sprint racer as a "cherry picker". Out of your full field of 41 members and 7 guest members, are the guest members "cherry pickers"?
Or is this organization for everyone or is it a private club? A very concerned mini-sprint fan.

5/22/08, 8:00 PM   #9
slide22

he is trying to protect full members, ones that paid the full members fee from other drivers coming in and only paying a guest fee.
I have no problem with it, as the fee is worth it for this good of a purse

5/22/08, 8:58 PM   #10
somebodysmam

AMSA pay off same as always guest or member.
After paying guest fees 5 times you are a member and then you get points, even if you don't want them. HAHA WELCOME ALL

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > MMSA Race at Moler Raceway Park