Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Support Staab
5/13/08, 12:20 AM   #21
Re: Support Staab
throb

well said dean.......

5/13/08, 12:27 PM   #22
wbr

We are very new on the scene and I have only spoken with Greg Staab a couple of times. I rely on advise from a few "old timers" in the sport and they have nothing but praise for Greg Staab; therefore I will also support him.

5/19/08, 11:05 PM   #23
D.O.

Rumor has it that these post might be helping the cause to keep Greg at USAC.
Show The Dog some more love fans !
:dologob:

5/20/08, 6:15 AM   #24
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

I don't know Greg but from what I have read on here he must be a great guy. Lord only knows that USAC can use all of the help they can get.:help: I realize that this has been a PR nightmare.:icon_smile_blackeye With that being said, why would he want to stay if he isn't wanted?:headbang

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

5/20/08, 7:07 AM   #25
tjtomthumb

I hope USAC tries to keep Greg Staab on board. Greg has always made it a point to speak when I see him and if you have a suggestion or comment, for or against a USAC policy, he will at least politely listen to what you have to say.

I used to be very active with DARF "Dayton Auto Racing Fan" Club and every year on the 4th Tuesday of March is our "Promoter's Night Meeting", which is a night all track promoters that support DARF, sanctioning bodies etc. are invited to attend and make announcements about their plans and schedules for the upcoming season. This is always a "standing room only" packed house meeting of members, fans, press people, promoters and sanctioning body representatives. This meeting is held in Dayton, OH and Greg has made sure he personally and usually one other person is there every year making the trip from the Indy area to pass out schedules, talk to the members, chat with the promoters and press in a relaxed setting and promote USAC.

I think USAC in the long run will, if they let Staab leave, definitely regret it. If there is some differences of opinion, or whatever the reason is, I hope all involved will sit down and try to work things out.

Even though USAC is probably the best open wheel sanctioning body to Greg Staab and where he prefers to be, I really don't see him walking away from open wheel racing, and if I was USAC, I think I would rather have Greg onboard with USAC than being offered a position with a different organization down the road, as he will work very hard at promoting open wheel racing, no matter where he is or what organization he is with.

Whatever happens, we wish Greg and USAC the best of luck.

5/20/08, 7:25 AM   #26
etpro43

Greg does love the sport, I've known him for about 5 or 6 years and he has always been friendly to us. 2 years ago I saw him in Atlantic City at the Area Auto Trade Show just walking around talking with track owners and promoters. Now what did we get out of that?? A great east coast swing with the sprint cars. Now this year he went one up and he worked a USAC booth at the very same show increasing the fan interest and getting people excited about the east coast swing again. If Greg did not work for USAC I firmly believe that USAC would not have an east coast presence at all.

5/20/08, 7:26 AM   #27
etpro43

Greg does love the sport, I've known him for about 5 or 6 years and he has always been friendly to us. 2 years ago I saw him in Atlantic City at the Area Auto Trade Show just walking around talking with track owners and promoters. Now what did we get out of that?? A great east coast swing with the sprint cars. Now this year he went one up and he worked a USAC booth at the very same show increasing the fan interest and getting people excited about the east coast swing again. If Greg did not work for USAC I firmly believe that USAC would not have an east coast presence at all.

Eric Orschel
SC 99

5/20/08, 7:52 AM   #28
IndyBound

Greg Staab truly found his niche when he went to work for USAC. The definition of niche reads, a place or position for which a person is specially fitted. Greg is that special person USAC needs, I hope they wake up before it is too late.

Patti

5/20/08, 9:01 AM   #29
midget96

Hey, we all know that most of USAC reads this but have they paid attention to what has been typed about Mr. Staab. All the comments are from the people that pay their salary and keep the office of USAC open. These are from the fans, racers, owners, and promotors, etc. point of view about keeping him and they just dont listen to the REAL people that make USAC. I wouldnt worry about them reading this I would call them or ask them at the track!!!!!!!! Then see what kind of response you get from the higher ups.

Just a thought.

5/20/08, 9:13 AM   #30
SpfldMile

When a new regime takes over any organization, there is always some house cleaning. Most of the time it is getting rid of dead weight, good people are held on to. What is the reason a top notch person is let go? There is good business people in here, come on, you guys know the answer.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Support Staab