IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC vs WOO vs Allstars vs ASCS
2/20/20, 4:03 PM   #31
PJ Wright

For some inexplicable reason, I feel less safe flying today.
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.

2/20/20, 4:25 PM   #32
Re: USAC vs WOO vs Allstars vs ASCS
nodoors

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ Wright View Post
For some inexplicable reason, I feel less safe flying today.
No need to worry planes Mechanically are very safe the problem is that Pilots touch them and that's when accidents happen. Planes can Fly without human intervention, problem is passengers think they are safer with a pilot up in the cockpit. Know Idea why because the pilots don't do anything in reality Autopilot, Auto throttle, Auto Land Autobrakes everything is done by computers systems. Hell if the sensors are in the Aircraft and the Taxi Way the planes can taxi themselves and takoff themselves.

When Pilots have to fly is when planes crash hard land and get all messed up. You really think Pilots fly airplanes?? They don't the sit there and take turns sleeping

2/20/20, 4:31 PM   #33
PJ Wright

You're not helping.
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.

4 members like this post: erich45, fish, Indy1808, nodoors
2/20/20, 4:33 PM   #34
nodoors

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ Wright View Post
You're not helping.
LOL Sorry Bud, Just trying to tell you how it really works. The systems have redundant backups some are backed up 3 times. Yes 3 of the same system so no worries at all. Chances of all 3 of the same system failing is so astronomical it is all but impossible.
Last edited by nodoors; 2/20/20 at 4:36 PM.

2/20/20, 7:34 PM   #35
captrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodoors View Post
It would mean Wings for USAC or No Wings for WOO and the All Stars. They could also have Wing/Wingless Races throughout the schedules.

That would be up to the Single National Sprint Car Club/Series. That is what is so good about Sprint Car Racing, you don't have to always run a Wing so I would say it doesn't mean Wingless Racing is gone, it means that if you can Run with a wing and win and run without a Wing and win your on your way to a National Championship. A TRUE NATIONAL SPRINT CAR CHAMP.

1 National Series with the BEST Sprint Car Drivers in the Country competing on the same tracks with or without wings. That would be a very exciting and competitive Series.

The local Sprint Car Clubs would be able to compete with these GREAT drivers and the Local Race Teams can see where they stand as far as what they need to do to get better and be able to be competitive with the Touring Series.
Since you have spoken about aircraft maintenance I am assuming you have mechanical expertise. So you do understand that wing and non-wing cars have evolved to where they appear similar, but are quite different. The days of running Eldora on Saturday night and Winchester Sunday afternoon have sadly passed. USAC no longer run both primarily because specialized cars meant things were too expensive.

2/20/20, 7:42 PM   #36
nodoors

Quote:
Originally Posted by captrat View Post
Since you have spoken about aircraft maintenance I am assuming you have mechanical expertise. So you do understand that wing and non-wing cars have evolved to where they appear similar, but are quite different. The days of running Eldora on Saturday night and Winchester Sunday afternoon have sadly passed. USAC no longer run both primarily because specialized cars meant things were too expensive.
I have built Midgets Sprints and Modifieds all Dirt -- With that said, the Differences between to 2 cars Wing/ Wingless isn't all that and can be easily overcome. Midgets in ARDC which is the club I ran with ran Wings and Wingless races in the same season.

The biggest problem with wingless Sprints are they don't have Wing Mounts which aren't hard to weld on or order a Chassis with them. Teams would just have to learn how to set up the cars differently. The differences you talk about are MINOR and it isn't hard to convert them. The Biggest thing is what bars and shock settings to use for handling differences

2/20/20, 7:58 PM   #37
captrat

Quote:
I have built Midgets Sprints and Modifieds all Dirt -- With that said, the Differences between to 2 cars Wing/ Wingless isn't all that and can be easily overcome. Midgets in ARDC which is the club I ran with ran Wings and Wingless races in the same season.

The biggest problem with wingless Sprints are they don't have Wing Mounts which aren't hard to weld on or order a Chassis with them. Teams would just have to learn how to set up the cars differently. The differences you talk about are MINOR and it isn't hard to convert them. The Biggest thing is what bars and shock settings to use for handling differences

Somewhat agree, but as usual there are economics involved.

2/20/20, 8:42 PM   #38
interpreter66

Quote:
No need to worry planes Mechanically are very safe the problem is that Pilots touch them and that's when accidents happen. Planes can Fly without human intervention, problem is passengers think they are safer with a pilot up in the cockpit. Know Idea why because the pilots don't do anything in reality Autopilot, Auto throttle, Auto Land Autobrakes everything is done by computers systems. Hell if the sensors are in the Aircraft and the Taxi Way the planes can taxi themselves and takoff themselves.

When Pilots have to fly is when planes crash hard land and get all messed up. You really think Pilots fly airplanes?? They don't the sit there and take turns sleeping
Well thank God they don’t have a TV in there 😂

2 members like this post: nodoors, PJ Wright
2/20/20, 11:26 PM   #39
SoIllSprinter

My internet radar isn’t the strongest but this idea and the explanations and aftermath feels like someone trolling.

3 members like this post: motorhead748, PIT CART, PJ Wright
2/21/20, 8:35 AM   #40
motorhead748

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoIllSprinter View Post
My internet radar isn’t the strongest but this idea and the explanations and aftermath feels like someone trolling.
Exactly. This idea is more F’d up than a football bat.

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC vs WOO vs Allstars vs ASCS