IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Paragon Speedway May 31 - Friday - MSCS Sprints
5/30/19, 9:13 AM   #11
Re: Paragon Speedway May 31 - Friday - MSCS Sprints
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 2
Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ97 View Post
There are 2 complete sprint shows.....
Thank you, looking forward to attending. Is this going to be another night long marathon? Don't understand the thinking in splitting the 2 shows up. Lincoln Park, Bloomington and other don't separate the 2 when MSCS comes to town. Haubstadt doesn't separate the USAC and MSCS shows. Logic please?
Last edited by Chief Wahoo; 5/30/19 at 9:33 AM.

5/30/19, 9:27 AM   #12
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Still makes no sense. Cunningham has beat them before, so why punish him by giving him no track points. Do it on finish position as you normally would.

1 member likes this post: addictedtodirt
5/30/19, 9:55 AM   #13
TQ97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo View Post
Thank you, looking forward to attending. Is this going to be another night long marathon? Don't understand the thinking in splitting the 2 shows up. Lincoln Park, Bloomington and other don't separate the 2 when MSCS comes to town. Haubstadt doesn't separate the USAC and MSCS shows. Logic please?
I’m a team owner not the promoter, you’d have to ask them. I assume it’s because teams like ours (our driver is a rookie to sprint cars) and some others who run Paragon do so due to the guaranteed seat time where everyone runs a feature. I don’t understand the points decision myself, but if it’s an MSCS race only, my guess is some teams who aren’t ready for that level of competition would not show up.

5/30/19, 11:05 AM   #14
dsc1600

Why not just do show up points for all?

1 member likes this post: Hammer
5/30/19, 11:41 AM   #15
jscott101

Completely agree, doesn't make any sense. I guess we are going to run with MSCS and forget about the points :/

5/30/19, 12:16 PM   #16
Chief Wahoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ97 View Post
I’m a team owner not the promoter, you’d have to ask them. I assume it’s because teams like ours (our driver is a rookie to sprint cars) and some others who run Paragon do so due to the guaranteed seat time where everyone runs a feature. I don’t understand the points decision myself, but if it’s an MSCS race only, my guess is some teams who aren’t ready for that level of competition would not show up.
Thanks, I kinda see what your saying. How many non MSCS sprints you think will show up?
Last edited by Chief Wahoo; 5/30/19 at 12:17 PM.

5/30/19, 12:26 PM   #17
Chief Wahoo

How much rain fell up there yesterday and this morning? Just wondering how track conditions are?and if there’s a chance it will get called.

5/30/19, 12:32 PM   #18
bobbyhill

Paragon always runs two features so I don’t see night being any longer. Paragon sprints have open tire rule so can’t run all together The points deal is not right but it’s there track.

2 members like this post: Chief Wahoo, cmiracingvids
5/30/19, 2:47 PM   #19
hsracer338

My guess is about 20 cars for both mscs and paragon. It just depends on how many paragon cars want to run for points and how many run mscs. Our current plan is to be with mscs.

5/30/19, 5:08 PM   #20
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsracer338 View Post
My guess is about 20 cars for both mscs and paragon. It just depends on how many paragon cars want to run for points and how many run mscs. Our current plan is to be with mscs.
Thought they used to get about 50 Paragon Sprints?

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Paragon Speedway May 31 - Friday - MSCS Sprints