IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
RGraves (Offline)
  #1 7/27/10 7:53 PM
You guys have probably seen this 1000 times but I had forgotten about it and needed a good laugh. Where was this at??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tAJtnl_1bQ
D.O. (Offline)
  #2 7/27/10 8:05 PM
We shot that at Macon Il USAC Midgets before the Springfield Mile on Saturday.
This will be part of the video we are producing for the Hewitt roast coming up in September.
RGraves (Offline)
  #3 7/27/10 8:09 PM
Originally Posted by D.O.:
We shot that at Macon Il USAC Midgets before the Springfield Mile on Saturday.
This will be part of the video we are producing for the Hewitt roast coming up in September.
That roast will be excellent I am sure
v8j (Offline)
  #4 7/27/10 10:44 PM
has any body let Bob Parker know of this roast
ISF (Offline)
  #5 7/28/10 1:38 AM
My wife and I were in the grandstands at Mighty Macon that night. I remember Billy Shipman setting with his head in his hands on the flag/announcers stand after Jack walked away. That's about as POed as I ever seen Ol' Jack. Ahhh, ya' gotta' love it!

I could be wrong, and if I am please correct me, but didn't the guy that hit Ol' Jack on the backstretch veer off into the infield after the initial impact and hit a 4 wheeler setting near the flag/announcers stand. I know I watched that happen but not completely sure if it was part of the Hewitt incident. I do know it completely demolished the 4 wheeler.

Silver Crown Championship Dirt Cars properly driven on a one mile dirt track are classic poetry in motion. Using that analogy, Jack Hewitt is one of the greatest poets of all time.
richie (Offline)
  #6 7/28/10 3:37 AM
Originally Posted by ISF:
I could be wrong, and if I am please correct me, but didn't the guy that hit Ol' Jack on the backstretch veer off into the infield after the initial impact and hit a 4 wheeler setting near the flag/announcers stand. I know I watched that happen but not completely sure if it was part of the Hewitt incident. I do know it completely demolished the 4 wheeler.
Yeah, I believe that was the red #10 of Jeff Sands.
JEFFSTOY (Offline)
  #7 7/28/10 8:08 AM
that is a classic and you know who the flagman was just by Jacks discription.
ISF (Offline)
  #8 7/28/10 11:31 AM
Originally Posted by richie:
Yeah, I believe that was the red #10 of Jeff Sands.
Am I remembering correctly? Did the car that hit Jack demolish that 4 wheeler?

The look on the lady's face who is watching in the background is priceless, as well.

Silver Crown Championship Dirt Cars properly driven on a one mile dirt track are classic poetry in motion. Using that analogy, Jack Hewitt is one of the greatest poets of all time.