IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Terre Haute Silver Crown??
7/12/20, 10:16 PM   #11
Re: Terre Haute Silver Crown??
oldfan49

I remember growing up watching both the Dirt Champ Cars and The USAC Stock Cars on the Missouri State Fair Mile. The mile in Missouri is gone too but the half mile is still there. I would love a swing this way that included Knoxville and The Mo State Fair Half Mile. Possibly even The half mile in Wichita to make it a 3 night Silver Crown Tour.

7/13/20, 1:16 AM   #12
ThrowbackRacingTeam

My vote is to rebuild Langhorne and run there twice a year like the real men used to. Or, more realistically, Milwaukee Mile or Sacramento Mile but who’s going to promote it? Milwaukee can’t seem to draw a crowd. Maybe it’s time to change Milwaukee back to dirt. Yes, dirt at Milwaukee sounds good. Or, maybe someone could talk Stewart into finishing the mile that Earl started. You wouldn’t have to worry about the “wrong” people on the fair board tearing it down.

2 members like this post: duel, oppweld
7/13/20, 8:22 AM   #13
flagboy55

Just a thought. One place that I think could actually run a Big Car race is Knoxville. We’re running out of options for 2020, but they have been able to get things done. Seems like a viable option. I know it’s not Indiana or Illinois but it’s basically across the river

2 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, oppweld
7/13/20, 11:57 AM   #14
sw1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
Just a thought. One place that I think could actually run a Big Car race is Knoxville. We’re running out of options for 2020, but they have been able to get things done. Seems like a viable option. I know it’s not Indiana or Illinois but it’s basically across the river
When was the last time SC ran Knoxville?

2 members like this post: flagboy55, tirespinner
7/13/20, 10:08 PM   #15
B99

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1911 View Post
When was the last time SC ran Knoxville?
The 2001 season I believe. They ran 2 years there. I don't think it drew all that well.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
7/13/20, 11:20 PM   #16
Grocery Guy

Race Count This Year: 6

What is the total purse for a Silver Crown race? How many fans are needed for a promoter / track to turn a profit hosting a SC race?

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Terre Haute Silver Crown??