IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Anderson Speedway - Class Act
7/12/20, 9:38 AM   #1
Anderson Speedway - Class Act
diversified

I was at Anderson Speedway last night for the Glen Niebel Classic. After a two hour rain delay, we were getting ready for the sprint car practice/group qualifying session. I had my Raceceiver on and was geting some of the chatter from the track's radio system. I don't know who it was, likely someone in the tower, called out on the radio to the front gate and said "There is a family coming across the parking lot pushing someone in a wheelchair, please let that family in for free when they get to the gate". What a great gesture, taking care of those fans like that! Things like this go unnoticed but I'm sure there are tons of other things like this behind the scenes that we racers and fans never see or hear about.

Kudos to Anderson Speedway for their ongoing support of pavement sprint car racing, a think a lot of the resurgence in interest is due to their efforts over the past few years. They had a GREAT crowd last night in spite of the weather, it was great to see.

Congrats to Tyler Roarhig, dominate performance last night, I think that's now two Glen Niebel and two Tony Elliot Classic wins!

7/12/20, 10:04 AM   #2
Re: Anderson Speedway - Class Act
Adolph

Race Count This Year: 27
Race Count Last Year: 27,27,40,28,69

I was out of state, so I watched the race on Flo. Too bad Swanson lost 4 laps at the start.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
7/12/20, 11:23 AM   #3
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

Great show. Three open wheel classes. Thunder Roadsters,Kenyon Midgets and pavement sprints.A few red flags .On the road approx.10:45p.

2 members like this post: racenut69, tirespinner
7/12/20, 11:44 AM   #4
PIT CART

Heading down Monday for the 400. Off this week for the kings royal and trying to making the best of it 🏁🏁

1 member likes this post: Bostonian
7/12/20, 8:51 PM   #5
Grocery Guy

Race Count This Year: 6

I second the acknowledgement that Anderson Speedway is a class act. Every May on pole qualifying day for the Pay Less Little 500, except this year (but hopefully August), the track has opened their gates to Senior Day at the Track. Thanks to Pay Less, Community Hospital and the Speedway staff, seniors and handicapped individuals enjoy a free luncheon courtesy of all the partners. It's not uncommon to see Rick Dawson offering a helping hand to assisted living agency vehicles so that patrons can enjoy a free luncheon. Nice to see they proved again Saturday night that they are a wonderful community partner.

7/12/20, 9:40 PM   #6
#1Brad Kuhn Fan

I couldn't believe Swanson came back out after the red on lap 4. Most drivers would of undressed and left. But Kody knows he is a fan favorite and most fans came to see him win! And he proved he had the best car! Was a lot of fun to watch. Also his wife was giving checkard flags to every child that walked by. Great family and a great racer! I love Anderson speedway.

7/12/20, 10:09 PM   #7
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1Brad Kuhn Fan View Post
I couldn't believe Swanson came back out after the red on lap 4. Most drivers would of undressed and left. But Kody knows he is a fan favorite and most fans came to see him win! And he proved he had the best car! Was a lot of fun to watch. Also his wife was giving checkard flags to every child that walked by. Great family and a great racer! I love Anderson speedway.
I believe he passed the leader and finished 3 laps down

4 members like this post: #1Brad Kuhn Fan, racenut69, rick42, tirespinner
7/13/20, 8:35 AM   #8
Midget 89

Hearing of this gesture I'll make a point of getting to Anderson Speedway this summer. Nice to hear of something good in 2020.
Wes Stafford.

7/13/20, 5:30 PM   #9
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Believe it or not, I have never been there! It is on my bucket list.

3 members like this post: interpreter66, luckybuc97, tirespinner
7/13/20, 5:35 PM   #10
interpreter66

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmil View Post
Believe it or not, I have never been there! It is on my bucket list.
Little 500 in September (hopefully)

3 members like this post: Kinser11, PIT CART, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Anderson Speedway - Class Act