IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Wolverine Midgets $1000 to Win in 2009
2/28/09, 11:33 AM   #1
Wolverine Midgets $1000 to Win in 2009
LRP36

Breaking News: WOMS to pay $1000 to win in 2009
The Wolverine Outlaw Midget Series is proud to announce they will be paying $1000 to win at all of their hosted events in 2009. Vans Pattern Corp out of Grand Rapids , Michigan has picked up primary sponsorship for the WOMS 2009 series. Van's is a leader in the construction of polystyrene stamping dies for the automotive industry and to this day continues to be at the forefront of technological advancement in this field. Also renewing their sponsorship this year will be Corrigan Oil. Corrigan oil is a leader in the distribution of petroleum products in Mid and Lower Michigan. Without the help of these two companies, it would be very difficult for our series to survive and prosper. Let's all thank them for their generosity.

On another note, our 2009 rulebook is currently being updated. With many new engine options available and also weight and tire rules to consider, it will be March 16th before our new revised 2009 rule book will be posted on line. Membership applications are being revised and will be available on line after March 9th. This year you must have a current license and membership from WOMS or a current license and TP from UMARA or USAC to race with WOMS. There will be no TP's available except for UMARA and USAC member drivers. At this time registration for a WOMS member will be a minimum of $25 per event and all non-members (UMARA &USAC) will be a minimum of $50 but this is subject to change. More information will be posted on our web site as it becomes available.

http://www.wolverinemidgets.com/index.html

Tentative 2009 Schedule
May 24 Mid Michigan (Springport) WOMS
May 30 Cayuga WOMS/NEMA with Wings
June 13 Berlin WOMS/USAC
June 20 Angola WOMS
July 25 Mid Michigan (Springport) WOMS
August 8th Grundy (tentative) WOMS / UMARA
August 15 Mid Michigan (Springport) WOMS
August 30 M40 WOMS
September 6 Mid Michigan (Springport) WOMS
September 26 Berlin WOMS/USAC/UMARA

Good Luck to Dan and everybody involved with the Wolverine Midget Group. The Guess/Anderson Midget will try and make as many races as we can.

2/28/09, 1:28 PM   #2
Re: Wolverine Midgets $1000 to Win in 2009
wolmidget

WOMS, Big Changes for 2009
As the owner of WOMS the last two years it has been a struggle to build the series. I love midget racing. What a thrill to drive these cars. The problem is there just are not enough midgets around on a consistent basis. The midgets are out there but getting them on the track has been difficult to accomplish. Watching the 19 midgets we had with UMARA at Kalamazoo last year was such a great event. What about the 33 midgets we had with USAC and UMARA at Berlin last year? What a sight to behold. Does it get any better than those two events? I don't think so. Do I think any of the traveling series have it over us? No way!
This year instead of sitting through another difficult year, I have decided to really give our series a chance to grow and prosper, even in these difficult economic times. Every hosted WOMS event will pay $1000 to win this year. We will even pay $160 to start. If the midget community does not respond to this type of purse than I may have misread their dedication to our sport and it's growth potential. I am betting with a considerable financial commitment of my own that we can make a difference. I am inviting midget racers from around the Midwest to give our series a try when you are not participating with your own series. I strongly believe we need all of our current series to survive and prosper and wish them all well but if you have a free weekend please come and visit us.
As many of you know I own a midget myself and have yet to be described as a threat for the win, but participating and being competitive is what it is all about for me.We still have numerous challenges. A sound and affordable tire rule tops the list. If the answer was easy it would have been solved by now. Keeping midget racing affordable for the weekend racer has always been the mission of the Wolverine Series. How do we accomphlish this with out shutting out a number of the better financed teams? Difficult questions.
I am commited to making a difference and although I will not please everyone my heart is in the right place.Keep checking our web site to get up to date information. Dan Vander Molen Wolverine Midgets www.wolverinemidgets.com

2/28/09, 1:40 PM   #3
micro94

I also love midget racing.I dont have one myself as I cant afford it.Ive always wanted to drive one once but micros is as far as Ive made it.I think what your doing is great and I wish you all the luck this year.If Im ever setting around this year pondering what to do I will try to make it up to watch one of your shows.Again,Good Luck this year.

3/13/09, 6:11 PM   #4
koolaid89

My only trip to kalamazoo in 08 happened to be the night of the midget show, it was a great race, It was one of the better shows in my 26 years of attending Kalamazoo speedway even with the small count. Looking forward to the USAC show on 6/20 if I'm still in MI.

3/15/09, 5:33 PM   #5
koolaid89

Have you guys ever tried running any dirt races?

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Wolverine Midgets $1000 to Win in 2009