IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Would you?
3/22/09, 10:30 PM   #1
Would you?
Jake

Would you...pay $30 gen admission/$45 pit pass...struggle to find a decent seat in 40 degree weather...sit through 3 other support classes heat race...on a black slick track??...If the some of the best in the country were there and the race paid $10,000 to the feature winner??

(Chris Nunn need not reply to this thread)

3/22/09, 10:38 PM   #2
Re: Would you?
JImmy Light

Hell ya!!!!

3/22/09, 10:39 PM   #3
Pine

I DID and it was one of the best races I've seen, ANYWHERE...:applaud::applaud:

P.S..I'm going down to Charlott next weekend and doing it all over again...
Last edited by Pine; 3/22/09 at 10:46 PM.

3/22/09, 10:45 PM   #4
Fred Zirzow

Race Count This Year: 65
Race Count Last Year: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake View Post
Would you...pay $30 gen admission/$45 pit pass...struggle to find a decent seat in 40 degree weather...sit through 3 other support classes heat race...on a black slick track??...If the some of the best in the country were there and the race paid $10,000 to the feature winner??

I would pay $40 can the support class.

3/22/09, 10:54 PM   #5
Dick Monahan

Race Count Last Year: 26

Is it indoors? I don't go outdoors when the temp is less than 60 degF (or when it's over 75).

3/22/09, 10:55 PM   #6
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Its that imaginary line that people have to cross to deem if a show is worth making or not. (Travel, Length ect all play into the expense.) Usually the gate is a MINOR Expense to seeing a show but it is many times the deciding factor.

I got no problem paying 30 for a regular show if the teams get paid well and I can expect 30 cars with many top teams. Quite honestly this season will be tough to fill fields in all but the most overyly attended classes (Modifieds) at many tracks.

Chuck, wondering what this post was about? Are Bombers the headliners with Legends, 600s and Micros the supports?

3/22/09, 11:56 PM   #7
sprintcarfan

I did and i had mediocre seats at best and i am a huge non-wing fan and it was the best feature i have probably ever seen :thumb to the Lucas Oil Late Models

3/23/09, 4:30 AM   #8
1021gpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake View Post

i did.... seen a fight ,a board break in the bleachers and a guy fall to the ground ...seen modified heats and late model heats and went home....and WILL NEVER DO THAT AGAIN WHEN THEY HAVE THAT MANY SUPPORT CLASSES.....

3/23/09, 5:36 AM   #9
Augie

You have fun Pine, wish I could go to Charlott!
I was all ready to go and they wanted me to work, I didn't have to say yes but the next time I may have to say no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine View Post
I DID and it was one of the best races I've seen, ANYWHERE...:applaud::applaud:

P.S..I'm going down to Charlott next weekend and doing it all over again...

3/23/09, 8:06 AM   #10
apexonephoto

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 35

I think it should be said that it is March, and many of us have had a long cold winter. My last race was the Rumble series events, and after 5 indoor shows, it is nice to get outdoors. I went, the modified heat races dragged on forever. The feature didn't start until 11:35 and was over by 12:00. I drove 13 hours total. Didn't spend a dime on food, and wouldn't have as the concession lines seemed to be too long all the time. Met some new friends from Illinois. Also I think it was my 80th race track. I don't get to add too many tracks too that list. With Manzy closing, I think its good to see a lot of the older tracks, and I try to do my small part.

Standing room only, with relatively few seats isn't that big of a stretch. The pits were packed as well. Would I do this in July or August? Probably not.

If you want to take a gander my shots are on my site:apexonephoto.com
in this gallery Indiana Icebreaker.

Thanks for looking
James
Last edited by apexonephoto; 3/23/09 at 8:08 AM. Reason: spelling

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Would you?