IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Rpracing1 (Offline)
  #1 4/17/14 12:43 PM
This could get interesting.............

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/2...-indy/7791087/
k41l (Offline)
  #2 4/17/14 1:36 PM
I was hoping for a protest about the ugly race cars and drivers no one has heard of. Protesting beer and Jim Nabors is just wrong!!!!
8 Likes: addictedtodirt, dirtball, FishBurger, mc/rider, nathans1012, Pat O'Connor Fan, PAW, rdzsprint
larsonfan (Offline)
  #3 4/17/14 2:38 PM
Unbelievable. These wackos only believe in causing hurt and pain to those already hurting. You can't do anything to them because the majority of them are lawyers and they sue whoever confronts them. That is how they make their money. Does Indiana have the law about them having to protest a certain distance away like some other states have done? (to try and keep the families from hearing or seeing them at funerals)
2 Likes: dirtball, nathans1012
Jerry Shaw (Offline)
  #4 4/17/14 3:35 PM
It'll be no big deal. Once they get there and realize they are just a tiny blip in this mass of humanity, it'll dawn on them that they picked a poor place to hold one of these demonstrations of hate and ignorance. They'll get a few insults hurled at them, then everybody will be inside the fence and then they'll be wondering "Who's idea was this?"

Now, what they want is for the track or the city to tell them they can't do it. That's how the Westboro Baptist Church makes a living. By suing people.

Jerry

A man is about as big as the things that make him angry.

Winston Churchill
3 Likes: Pat O'Connor Fan, racegal, speed bump
Bill Gardner (Offline)
  #5 4/17/14 4:05 PM
Normal churches should sue WBC for defamation.

8 Likes: Blitzman, K9Racer, MEAT, racegal, RadRacer, Sandy Lowe, speed bump, Speedwrench
Gregg (Offline)
  #6 4/17/14 4:10 PM
There has always been religious zealots on 16th and on Georgetown as you are trying to get to the gates. The Westboro bunch is no doubt worse.

If they are preaching the evils of alcohol they will be at least a day late is not more.
terrehautian (Offline)
  #7 4/17/14 4:18 PM
Just ignore them, the media shouldn't give them any press, people shouldn't give them the time of day. If you don't acknowledge them, then they get no satisfaction out of their actions. If they get no media attention, no one will care they are there (well, no one cares now really). This cult hopefully fades away soon.
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #8 4/17/14 5:18 PM
johnnythunderhead (Offline)
  #9 4/17/14 8:22 PM
my form of protest will certainly have nuthin to do with good ole gomer or good ole beer, and will be in the form of absentia/ when they start bringing in the stars from usac again (guys who know what that white stuff in a bottle is after the race) then i'll be there kickin right-wing fundy protesters in the ass on my way up to the gate!
red33 (Offline)
  #10 4/17/14 8:41 PM
They always drag the cross up and down 16th street.