IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Jerry Shaw (Offline)
  #1 9/17/16 10:06 AM
So they say on their Facebook page.

"Haubstadt Hustler is still on for tonight! 🏁🏁🏁 We had a light rain shower this morning but that won't stop us-- come see USAC & MSCS sprints battle it out for $10,000 to win plus UMP Modifieds. Qualify @ 6:30- Races @ 7:30 CST. Adults $25, Students (ages 13-18) $20, and kids 12 & under are FREE!! Pit Passes also available for $35."

Jerry

A man is about as big as the things that make him angry.

Winston Churchill
10 Likes: itsanonwingthing, jim goerge, mc/rider, oppweld, racegal, racenut69, rclaridge, ronmil, sprint38racer, stealth43k
oppweld (Offline)
  #2 9/17/16 10:41 AM
Heading out from Iowa soon can't wait for the return of MDC ! !
5 Likes: flagboy55, i love dirt track racing, Jerry Shaw, racenut69, SPRINTCAR
Jerry Shaw (Offline)
  #3 9/17/16 11:24 AM
And the feature's a 40 lapper! I grew up on 40 and 50 lappers and wish there were more of them.

Jerry

A man is about as big as the things that make him angry.

Winston Churchill
10 Likes: Al Pierce, Charles Nungester, FishBurger, flagboy55, i love dirt track racing, Indy1808, jim goerge, mc/rider, racenut69, RedRacer07
racenut69 (Offline)
  #4 9/17/16 12:07 PM
"Cowboy Up"...Go Daron!.......

There is always room for one more in the corner! I'm disguised as a responsible adult!...
Michael Carter....
2 Likes: i love dirt track racing, opie
Indy1808 (Online)
  #5 9/17/16 12:35 PM
Looking like I'm making the 3 1/2 hour trip.
Members, Please update for us traveling.

Peace & love to all.
God bless our Troops at home and abroad.
INDY1808 SEE YOU AT THE RACES !
"Sitting in the Stands " #noteamracing
2 Likes: racegal, t_inmyface
illiNOISE (Online)
  #6 9/17/16 12:53 PM
Originally Posted by Jerry Shaw:
And the feature's a 40 lapper! I grew up on 40 and 50 lappers and wish there were more of them.

Jerry
I actually would prefer to see more 30 or 35 lappers. I hate seeing long races where only 8-10 cars finish, since most folks will pull off the instant they get lapped. Plus, although this usually won't be the case at TSS, most tracks can't handle a 40 or 50 lap feature without locking down by the last third of the race.

That said, I do wish USAC would run more than 12 laps for their B Mains.

Even Roman Chariots ran non-wing, and on dirt. Hail Caesar!
ronmil (Offline)
  #7 9/17/16 1:09 PM
Some of us dinosaurs remember when they ran 100 lap sprint car features on holidays at Haubstadt; they ran 50 lappers for the hobby cars (stock) on the same program. Admission price was raised from the normal $2.00 to a budget busting $2.50! lol

Ron Miller
7 Likes: Charles Nungester, FishBurger, Indy1808, jim goerge, Longtime sprinter, rdzsprint, spicoli
jim goerge (Offline)
  #8 9/17/16 1:14 PM
Ron I can remember when Cliff Cockrum ( Shane"s dad) run and win those one hundred lapper in a sprint car and then climb in a stock car and run another hundred lapper and most likely be a top five in it too I'm happy to see the Cowboy back but I"m also realistic to not think he"s going to win after he"s been off for a year, I do hope he has a good run, But its going to take a hell of a effort for anyone to run with Cummins, Stockton, both Shorts, Critter plus a couple others tonight. As I have said before Pull those belts extra tight tonight boys cuz the tracks going to be fast as hell, Good Luck to all the teams and Drivers
7 Likes: 2rock21, FishBurger, i love dirt track racing, Indy1808, rdzsprint, ronmil, SisterToThe3c
J.D. (Offline)
  #9 9/17/16 5:07 PM
If Cowboys car is hooked u, I'm not gonna rule him out. Didn't Sammy kinda come out of retirement and drag a white #1 on an open trailer to run with the outlaws? Maybe someone can help me, but seems I remember him almost winning. Anything can happen at Haubstadt, especially when a driver knows the secret around that bullring!!!
jjg30 (Offline)
  #10 9/17/16 6:57 PM
40 cars