IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
DAD (Offline)
  #31 7/28/15 5:18 PM
Found this video of Gabby Chavez. http://www.racer.com/indycar/item/11...his-usac-debut

Honest Dad himself
3 Likes: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, Roy Bleckert
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #32 7/28/15 7:11 PM
Very cool
2 Likes: DAD, Roy Bleckert
DAD (Offline)
  #33 7/28/15 7:21 PM
Brent

Talks like a nice kid>>and he is a hell of a driver. I would like to see him on a 1/4 mile dirt Bull Ring with twice as much motor. Sounds like a job for Keith.

Honest Dad himself
2 Likes: BrentTFunk, Roy Bleckert
Roy Bleckert (Offline)
  #34 7/28/15 7:48 PM
Gabby did very well for his first Midget race & earned much respect from me as a IndyCar pilot showing up running a bull ring during their racing season !
3 Likes: DAD, fish, i love dirt track racing
DAD (Offline)
  #35 7/28/15 8:33 PM
Originally Posted by Roy Bleckert:
Gabby did very well for his first Midget race & earned much respect from me as a IndyCar pilot showing up running a bull ring during their racing season !
Roy

The kid is consistent. That was the little Honda motor he was racing. Way underpowered but he used it all. It would be neat to see him on dirt somewhere in a full Midget. See if he has any Butt foot coordination. I think he started 13th and worked back up to 5th in 25 laps, and he sure didn't do it with Horsepower.

Honest Dad himself
Puppy (Offline)
  #36 7/28/15 9:31 PM
Originally Posted by DAD:
Roy
See if he has any Butt foot coordination.

Honest Dad himself
Cracks me up that people still think that driving on dirt automatically makes you or breaks you in racing. If it's not clear to some by now, they will never get it. I say this and I DO race sprints and midgets on pavement AND dirt.... BTW, just because you cant always see it from outside the car and on TV, what do you think it is that has the drivers of IndyCars today in communication with their cars???? It's that butt-foot-steering wheel coordination......
2 Likes: DAD, monkeyboy
DAD (Offline)
  #37 7/28/15 10:36 PM
Puppy

Old saying "you can take the driver out of the dirt but it is hard to take the dirt out of the driver" Know what I mean? To go fast on dirt does require a tad more throttle modulation to be successful when racing on a slick track. Also a good driver is a good driver and they will adapt.

In Indy cars drivers might use very finite motor muscular control over the car and on dirt the driver requires a more gross motor muscular control in order to control the car.

Honest Dad himself
Puppy (Offline)
  #38 7/29/15 12:38 AM
Well said Honest...