IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
cornerthree (Offline)
  #31 11/15/23 10:38 PM
Originally Posted by jdull99:
Dodge County Fairgrounds in Beaver Dam WI. Why not...

Joliet IL during NHRA week
Make it a double header weekend. Antigo Speedway Great red clay and 1/2 on the bottom.
Chase Hightower (Offline)
  #32 11/16/23 9:42 AM
Mine would be to see Eldora build the mile track. I would also like to see big block dirt modifieds and AMA flat track there!
4 Likes: cowboyhar69, dirtybob29, mc/rider, oppweld
nathans1012 (Offline)
  #33 11/17/23 9:23 AM
Route 66 Raceway in Joliet, Illinois with all 3 top USAC divisions and maybe IRA / MOWA wing sprints with that.

With the 4 divisions together it would help bring in a variety of races fans who love those types of racing and help pay the tracks bills and the event purse.

Not sure what pit pass and grandstand admission would be but I bet it could work.

2024 Season: Race 1 - April 20th Brownstown (Crate LM). Unlike many I don't discriminate on what racing I choose to watch.
2 Likes: azsprintfan1, oppweld
jdull99 (Offline)
  #34 11/17/23 1:05 PM
Originally Posted by nathans1012:
Route 66 Raceway in Joliet, Illinois with all 3 top USAC divisions and maybe IRA / MOWA wing sprints with that.

With the 4 divisions together it would help bring in a variety of races fans who love those types of racing and help pay the tracks bills and the event purse.

Not sure what pit pass and grandstand admission would be but I bet it could work.
I'm guessing (I could be wrong, as I have been many times) it would be well over $300,000 worth of sanction fees/purse to have 4 divisions like that? That would take a lot of tickets...I forget about streaming $, but I think it takes a special deal for the tracks to get a LOT of that money...

Jason Dull
815 494 6002
jdull99@hotmail.com
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #35 11/17/23 8:31 PM
I have to remind my self, this is fantasy, not reality.
2 Likes: cowboyhar69, oppweld
Vookie (Offline)
  #36 11/17/23 8:52 PM
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk:
Just another day on IOW.
3 Likes: BrentTFunk, Hustlin-Hoosier, okie
jdull99 (Offline)
  #37 11/18/23 3:21 AM
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk:
There has to be some promoters out there taking interest...

I'd love to find about $40,000 in sponsorship and stage a big time race of any sort at this Pecatonica, IL Winnebago County Fairgrounds 1/2mile...

Jason Dull
815 494 6002
jdull99@hotmail.com
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)
3 Likes: BrentTFunk, John P Huss, TNRustler