IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #61 5/18/15 8:09 AM
I almost shot my TV when one of them said. Bryan's taking too big a jump from Sprints/Midgets to Indycar. And almost no knowledge of his history other than saying two sprint and midget titles. Never mentioned he drove several Indy Lights and Indy 3 years ago. His fifth finish at Daytona in XFinity then Nationwide.

Then later they mention he drove for Fisher Hartman in 2012..

To be honest, If he wasn't in it. I wouldn't be watching. I may have turned the race on next week but Id have no interest in any one driver.

I've been watching Bryan since they started the SPrint. I think 03? I've seen him win with superior cars or shear determination alone.
He deserves to be there along with another dozen or so of our Indiana Racers.

GO BC!

Charles Nungester
14 Likes: davidm, DirtHawk92, gastown, i love dirt track racing, IndyBound, ISF, luckybuc97, micro23, old time Hoosier, PIT CART, PJ Wright, racer-x, racing2bwithu2, Wingman
Shawn Harper (Offline)
  #62 5/18/15 10:57 AM
Originally Posted by JK:
It seems that Goodyear is an arrogant person from his comments yesterday. What made him more deserving of a ride at Indy than guys like Jack Hewitt or Bryan Clausen? The comments about sprint and midget drivers were ignorant and the comments about the IRL were just as bad.
I would almost bet if AJ would have heard these comments, he would have ***** slapped the both of them!
5 Likes: Bostonian, i love dirt track racing, Leohr46, luckybuc97, PJ Wright
ThrowbackRacingTeam (Offline)
  #63 5/18/15 11:40 AM
It's all about engine placement. Cheeser and Goodyear "like it in the rear."
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #64 5/18/15 1:02 PM
"drum roll"

Charles Nungester
racer-x (Offline)
  #65 5/18/15 1:34 PM
Wasn't it Cheaver that big E came after following a iroc controversy? I always looked forward to the start of the TV coverage of race day. Its to bad the people running the Indy car series don't understand how many butts they could put in the stands if they promoted someone like Bryan and helped him get into a good ride.I remember a couple moves he made in the indy lights race that day!! Good stuff!!