IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
ossuks (Offline)
  #41 3/12/24 4:31 PM
They do not use "sets" 1 left front, 2 right front , 5-6 rears, that will get you close. $2500 to start more than covers the tire bill. A $400-500 to start sprint race on dirt with a $1000 (ave), things that make you go hmmmm?
Vookie (Offline)
  #42 3/12/24 8:31 PM
Little 500 entry list as of today, https://andersonspeedway.com/wp-cont...try-List-5.pdf
6 Likes: BrentTFunk, EBookerFan, Hubie48, jdull99, mlamb, okie
erich45 (Offline)
  #43 3/13/24 1:29 AM
Originally Posted by revjimk:
I like the men's room with no roof..... or have they fixed that???
The "used beer garden"
5 Likes: BrentTFunk, Danny Burton, Hustlin-Hoosier, OnTheHammer, tirespinner
Stephen Cording (Offline)
  #44 3/13/24 3:28 AM
Originally Posted by tigerone:
I enjoy the whole week of the Little 500. Interesting to watch as the drivers and teams work to gain speed prior to qualifying. Then they work on race strategy in preparation for the race. For me it culminates with the race. I’ve been going for over 30 years and take my grandkids with me, wouldn’t miss it.
Totally I try to attend as much the of week practice and qualification as possible when I've been over to attend.

Little 500 Week would of make an absolute stomper of a FloRacing Crew Diary episode.

UK USAC fan.
8 Likes: 2fast4u, BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, Grocery Guy, Ilovedirttrackracing, interpreter66, tigerone, TQ29m
cowboyhar69 (Offline)
  #45 3/13/24 8:43 AM
[QUOTE=ossuks;572624]They do not use "sets" 1 left front, 2 right front , 5-6 rears, that will get you close. $2500 to start more than covers the tire bill. A $400-500 to start sprint race on dirt with a $1000 (ave), things that make you go hmmmm?[/QUOTE

WRONG !! You buy Hoosier tires but you buy them at the track thru Anderson Speedway. This year they said the order your entry comes in is the order you pick out your tires, that’s why there were 38 entries back in January. 1 left front…$270.35, 3 right front $290.55, 3 left rear $297.97, 3 right rears $321.96. Add on a spare left front at $270.35 and you have $3272.14 just for race day. This doesn’t include the tires you need for the Wednesday practice day and most teams rent the track to test before Little 500 week.

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy
8 Likes: Charles Nungester, Grocery Guy, jdull99, motorhead748, oppweld, PIT CART, r.e.legg, tirespinner
Charles Nungester (Online)
  #46 3/13/24 9:32 AM
[quote=cowboyhar69;572632]
Originally Posted by ossuks:
They do not use "sets" 1 left front, 2 right front , 5-6 rears, that will get you close. $2500 to start more than covers the tire bill. A $400-500 to start sprint race on dirt with a $1000 (ave), things that make you go hmmmm?[/QUOTE

WRONG !! You buy Hoosier tires but you buy them at the track thru Anderson Speedway. This year they said the order your entry comes in is the order you pick out your tires, that’s why there were 38 entries back in January. 1 left front…$270.35, 3 right front $290.55, 3 left rear $297.97, 3 right rears $321.96. Add on a spare left front at $270.35 and you have $3272.14 just for race day. This doesn’t include the tires you need for the Wednesday practice day and most teams rent the track to test before Little 500 week.
I wasn't going to banter with him, But it's pretty clear you use three SETS (Everything but the LF in the race itself) and most practice both Wed's and Fri.

Even with my limited 8 years of watching, both in person or streamed, It's a lot harder to make the race than it was just 8 years ago.

Charles Nungester
4 Likes: BrentTFunk, flagboy55, PIT CART, tigerone
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #47 3/18/24 9:29 PM
Well I got a hotel room in Anderson for the night. Calling tomorrow for tickets. Going to the little and big ones this year I guess. And we can thank Kyle Larson for the inspiration. My son said we got to go see him at Indy, and I said well we might as well do both. So here we go
21 Likes: addictedtodirt, BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, cowboyhar69, EBookerFan, Grocery Guy, Hustlin-Hoosier, Ilovedirttrackracing, interpreter66, LUCKYONE, mc/rider, OnTheHammer, oppweld, PIT CART, PJ Wright, sprintracer82, Stephen Cording, Stevensville Mike, tigerone, TommyTipover, Tonymain74
bsmith8 (Offline)
  #48 3/25/24 9:57 PM
I finished 11th around 2000 in the Capels car, we practiced on the used tires from the Wednesday Night USAC show, put new set on to qualify and ran about 490 laps on the same set. Now the fuel bill was a different story, had a midget tank and had to pit every 100 laps, even had a multi time winners Uncle and his buddy calling the strategy lol. Tony Epperson, Jerry Gordon and Sam was wore out after that one. We ran that race a few times and never planned on changing tires unless we had a flat so start money definitely covered our tire bill. We were not a top 5 car but we did have some speed. I don’t remember very many guys changing tires in the early 2000’s. If I could run one more race it would be that one.
12 Likes: addictedtodirt, flagboy55, Hustlin-Hoosier, Ilovedirttrackracing, jdull99, mlamb, okie, OnTheHammer, PJ Wright, Stevensville Mike, tigerone, tirespinner
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #49 3/27/24 9:22 PM
Tickets purchased. For those of you in section S I want to apologize for lowering property value. See you soon
2 Likes: tigerone, tirespinner
revjimk (Offline)
  #50 3/28/24 12:09 AM
Originally Posted by erich45:
The "used beer garden"
Thats perfect!