IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > "Berryhill tops Badger indoor field at CedarLake"
3/11/13, 6:17 PM   #11
Re: "Berryhill tops Badger indoor field at CedarLa
Ovalmeister

Went all three nights and had a great time. Not a bad way to spend winter nights, hope they do it every year. The track was trial and error but they figured it out. There was sure not a lack of effort from the track crew, they worked hard all weekend. Future shows would be cool now I think.

1 member likes this post: racegal
3/11/13, 6:50 PM   #12
Augie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatrightrear View Post
Augie,
Not to be a prude but the Auschwitz joke was not necessary.
The last time when I was in the infield doing video, there was people throwing up and feeling sick.
That is what many of us called it, so if the shoe fits.

3/11/13, 10:54 PM   #13
Flatrightrear

Sorry, the shoe doesn't fit. 1.2 million people were gassed and cremated in a two and a half year period at Auschwitz-Birkenau. I fail to see how any thinking person may find humor in that. I guess the key word is thinking.

2 members like this post: jjones752, Tony74
3/12/13, 9:01 AM   #14
Stealth87

It was not as bad as last time. I think the first night they could have just got the last 10 laps over with. All in all it was a good weekend of racing. The feature on Sunday was excellent. Stratton won it from 5th, Hines was 2nd from 9th. Granted there was a huge pile up on the first lap, but TMez shot back through the field on the top from last to finish 4th. Crowd was not that big. Pretty sure someone lost their you know what. Hope they do it again next year, but I wouldn't count on it. Either way, that weekend was better than sitting at home in March doing laundry or something...

3/12/13, 9:57 AM   #15
racegal

Race Count This Year: 19

It was great to see Colton Cottle race! He made it to the A but had some bad luck there!
It was very nice meeting that crew!! What a nice clean racing family!
Cottles RULE!!!!

1 member likes this post: Steve Wendel
3/12/13, 5:24 PM   #16
sprntr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth87 View Post
It was not as bad as last time. I think the first night they could have just got the last 10 laps over with. All in all it was a good weekend of racing. The feature on Sunday was excellent. Stratton won it from 5th, Hines was 2nd from 9th. Granted there was a huge pile up on the first lap, but TMez shot back through the field on the top from last to finish 4th. Crowd was not that big. Pretty sure someone lost their you know what. Hope they do it again next year, but I wouldn't count on it. Either way, that weekend was better than sitting at home in March doing laundry or something...
Way better than last time & Sunday was a big improvement over Saturday. I heard that they found & fixed a couple of the exhaust vents that weren't opening properly on Saturday. Crowd Saturday was good but Sunday was disappointing, about half full. The weather forecast & the internet whining about the fumes Saturday certainly didn't help. Track prep for Sunday's features was a huge improvement. These are new owners, who are learning as they go and they have promised more ventilation improvements for next year. I heard they threw $100,000 into it since last time.
Anyway, I had a great time with no morning after effects from fumes or beer, so I might just go next weekend for the Micro Meltdown. http://assets.ngin.com/attachments/d...FinalFlyer.pdf

steiny

1 member likes this post: racegal
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > "Berryhill tops Badger indoor field at CedarLake"