IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Danica in the Prelude
3/14/12, 6:04 PM   #11
Re: Danica in the Prelude
TQ29m

Don't understand, the problem some folks have with Danica, she puts on her suit just like anyone else, and as far as I'm concerned, she's as good as at least a third of them that put on suits, I've raced with a lot of women drivers, and I'd say 90% of them are better than some of the guys that were on the track at the same time, anyone think they can do better, put your suit on, and buckle up! Bob!

3/14/12, 6:18 PM   #12
DAD

Put her in a midget first. After about 3 days in a midget under different track conditions, that big old stock will seem kind of lazy and laid back to her, and much easier to stay on top of. She should have a pretty good coach.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 3/14/12 at 6:26 PM.

1 member likes this post:
3/14/12, 6:19 PM   #13
Spi-nex

She can't do any worse than Kyle Busch or Joey Logano has over the years in their attempts.

Danica: "Wait... you push the clutch IN to go???"

3 members like this post: flatout18, interpreter66, PIT CART
3/14/12, 6:19 PM   #14
Eric C

Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ29m View Post
Don't understand, the problem some folks have with Danica, she puts on her suit just like anyone else, and as far as I'm concerned, she's as good as at least a third of them that put on suits, I've raced with a lot of women drivers, and I'd say 90% of them are better than some of the guys that were on the track at the same time, anyone think they can do better, put your suit on, and buckle up! Bob!
I had no problem with Danica when she came into the sport until she did the swimsuit shot with her straddling the nose of an Indy Car, from then on I knew her main focus was on marketing herself, and her racing would be secondary, and IMO she has proved to have done just that.

Eric Cottongim

4 members like this post: Phylo82, scott bradley1x, SPRINTCAR, thebus79h
3/14/12, 6:29 PM   #15
Spi-nex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric C View Post
I had no problem with Danica when she came into the sport until she did the swimsuit shot with her straddling the nose of an Indy Car, from then on I knew her main focus was on marketing herself, and her racing would be secondary, and IMO she has proved to have done just that.

Eric Cottongim
If you want to go big time racing, that's what you have to do. Racing skills alone do not get you to the big time.

As for her "posing," I fail to understand how that's any different than Carl Edwards posing on the front covers of Mens Health or ESPN.

If you want to make millions and live the good life, your going to have to exploit every opportunity and every angle... Danica has done precisely that.

3/14/12, 6:42 PM   #16
Eric C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spi-nex View Post
If you want to go big time racing, that's what you have to do. Racing skills alone do not get you to the big time.

As for her "posing," I fail to understand how that's any different than Carl Edwards posing on the front covers of Mens Health or ESPN.

If you want to make millions and live the good life, your going to have to exploit every opportunity and every angle... Danica has done precisely that.
I agree, She is a Marketing machine and the way she has done it has opened up alot of doors that may have never been opened before.

3/14/12, 6:43 PM   #17
wannaracebad

What did she race before Indy and nascrap?? Surely she didn't just go from nothing to where she is now did she? I have no Idea just wondering.

Posted via Mobile Device

3/14/12, 6:46 PM   #18
Joe@ScaleSprints

I dont have a problem with Danica, I have a problem with the media shoving her down our throat.

3/14/12, 6:51 PM   #19
treecitytornado

She was racing Go-Karts in Junior Restricted (Gold) at the Major Taylor Velodrome in 1995. I was running my first year in the Adult class, so I didn't get to run against her, but I still got the program that has her name on it.

Posted via Mobile Device

3/14/12, 6:51 PM   #20
spicoli

She's going for the trifecta...

She's stomped her feet and thrown tantrums at paved ovals.

She's stomped her feet and thrown tantrums at road courses.

Now, she'll be able to say she stomped her feet and threw a tantrum at a dirt track.

2 members like this post: Bill Angel, SPRINTCAR
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Danica in the Prelude