IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Posts from The 4 Crown
9/26/11, 12:49 AM   #71
Re: Posts from The 4 Crown
Beer Goggles

You can't deny this isn't a great quote from the Robin Miller interview on speed:
“The NASCAR guys all wanted money and I don’t have any”

Well Kyle, I'll let you in on a secret to the big-time rides:

Grow your hair out, put on a bra and panties, pucker-up and say,"Go Daddy" !

3 members like this post: jim goerge, Mud Packer, ThrowbackRacingTeam
9/26/11, 1:50 AM   #72
ThrowbackRacingTeam

Larson was in the Dooling #2 sprinter last year at Knoxville, Oskaloosa and the rest of the TNT tour. That kind of qualifies as a "**** box". He was mounting a challenge for the lead at Osky when turned her over but looked very impressive for an 18 yr. old in one of his first non-wing races.
Hewitt had top notch rides in all four divisions and 20+ years of experience at Eldora! Larson wins all 3 wingless openwheel divisions his first year......wow is all I can say!

Do they or don't they consider the winged sprint car race Friday night as the fourth of the 4 crown?

9/26/11, 2:53 AM   #73
hoosierdaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowbackRacingTeam View Post
Larson was in the Dooling #2 sprinter last year at Knoxville, Oskaloosa and the rest of the TNT tour. That kind of qualifies as a "**** box". He was mounting a challenge for the lead at Osky when turned her over but looked very impressive for an 18 yr. old in one of his first non-wing races.
Hewitt had top notch rides in all four divisions and 20+ years of experience at Eldora! Larson wins all 3 wingless openwheel divisions his first year......wow is all I can say!

Do they or don't they consider the winged sprint car race Friday night as the fourth of the 4 crown?
as far as Eldora's website says...the past couple years is highlighting the WoO victories as the 4th Feature for the 4 crown??

1 member likes this post: Charles Nungester
9/26/11, 3:19 AM   #74
Rogue-9

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosierdaddy View Post
as far as Eldora's website says...the past couple years is highlighting the WoO victories as the 4th Feature for the 4 crown??
Answer is yes.

9/26/11, 9:20 AM   #75
Stagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by burris7555 View Post
Truly an impressive showing by Mr. Larson. I am glad I ended up making the trip to witness some of the short history the kid is writing in the sport we all so much love on this board.

I wish Darland would have been able to gain the ground in the SC race to compete with him later on in the feature. I'm sure the favor would have been returned from the Sprint feature.
Your last paragraph cracks me up. You make it sound like Larson acted like Darland at the Kokomo sprint week race. I lost a tad of respect for him after his childish actions on that day.

Larson just put a BIG move on Dave in the Sprint Feature.

1 member likes this post: Drtchsr
9/26/11, 12:29 PM   #76
duel

I thought he might do it but didn't really think it would happen. Great run winning all 3. The cushion was there all night at least but the dust was bad again. Hines and Tyler both complained about the track when interviewed. new clay please! Congrats to Kyle Larson again.

9/26/11, 4:16 PM   #77
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by burris7555 View Post
Truly an impressive showing by Mr. Larson. I am glad I ended up making the trip to witness some of the short history the kid is writing in the sport we all so much love on this board.

I wish Darland would have been able to gain the ground in the SC race to compete with him later on in the feature. I'm sure the favor would have been returned from the Sprint feature.
I agree. Dave really put on an impressive drive, and looked like he had it won after Windom blew his right rear. Those last two cautions allowed Larson to close in. Dave was equally impressive in the midget. Too bad he didn't have a qualifying time, as he would have probably started further up in the field.
We really enjoyed the racing, though. Eldora is a truly great facility. Love those patio seats.
Last edited by ronmil; 9/26/11 at 4:18 PM.

1 member likes this post: racegal
9/26/11, 6:41 PM   #78
jim goerge

When Larson won at Osky I wasn;t that all impressed cuz he started on the pole on a track that was pure crap with no passing all night long. Now he drives the Hoffmans ******* (kidding) at Eldora for first time and wins plus the other two races. Guess what I am impressed now

9/26/11, 7:36 PM   #79
ThrowbackRacingTeam

Anyone who bothered to attend Du Quoin was already more than impressed. I believe it was Gary B that once said the dirt miles separate the men from the boys. Larson earned his manhood Sunday night September 4th.

1 member likes this post: Steve Wendel
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Posts from The 4 Crown