IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC Sprint 2009
12/11/08, 7:06 PM   #21
Re: USAC Sprint 2009
SpfldMile

It's a good schedule, but for selfish reasons I'd like to see at least one race in Illinois. I wish the race in Joliet would have happened last year. A sprint race at Granite City would be good too. Maybe there will be some additions.

12/11/08, 7:21 PM   #22
sprintracer82

glad to see sprintcars at kalamazoo. the winged cars are getting played out. i went there in september and tested my chalk. it was lots more fun without a wing than with a wing. cant wait. 20 mins from home. for those that have never seen this track it the jem of west michigan. i was in a winged show there that ran 30 laps in 6mins and 8 secs. :greenflag: now i need some usac pavement takeoff tires.

12/11/08, 8:14 PM   #23
bigwig_1basset

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR>LR=LTO View Post
JEE-ZUS! Come on already with the highway pounding during sprintweek. Terre Haute on Wednesday, then ALL the way up to Kamp on Thursday, then ALL the way BACK down to Bloomington on Friday? Does anoeone care about logistics? How about being efficient? A huge WASTE of time on the scheduling! I can't imagine that Kamp and Terre Haute would mind if they flip-flopped nights near the end of the week. I'll book a room in Terre Haute and stay there on Thursday night and let you have the Kamp "dustbowl" to yourselves. An outdoor pool and some rest and relaxation is far cheaper than driving 400 miles because USAC can't tell North from South!!! Otherwise, I love it! Can't wait for 2009!
I agree, we will not waste our time or money sitting through another dust storm. Suprised to see Kamp on the schedule again after one car flipped into the pits and another almost ending up in the grandstand. The track is not set up for safe sprint car racing. Great to see THAT get a date for ISW.:thumb:thumb

12/11/08, 8:43 PM   #24
1021gpa

why no brownstown? i thought it was a great show and only usac race i made in 08...

12/11/08, 9:32 PM   #25
racephoto1

Good schedule, but please dump Kamp and plug in Brownstown. It took 2 weeks for my lungs to clean out the last time I will ever go there. That place is a dust bowl straight out of the 1930's.

As for the Burg on Friday. Thanks Dave, it is nice to see a promoter thinking odf the fans . What is really nice to see is the promoters working together. Nice to know that in Indiana the promoters aren't trying to out do each other. A tip of the hat to everyone involved.

12/11/08, 11:20 PM   #26
SpridgeIsMyHero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
Did I read this right? USAC National Midgets at The Belleville Nationals on 7/31 competing with USAC National Sprints at the Iowa Speedway on the same date.
I noticed this too. Wnder what the deal is there...

12/11/08, 11:39 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by racephoto1 View Post
Good schedule, but please dump Kamp and plug in Brownstown. It took 2 weeks for my lungs to clean out the last time I will ever go there. That place is a dust bowl straight out of the 1930's.
For the last time: Brownstown cannot do a Sprint week date because of the Jackson County Fair.

12/12/08, 5:35 AM   #28
1021gpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6157 View Post
For the last time: Brownstown cannot do a Sprint week date because of the Jackson County Fair.
the 08 jackson county fair ran from july 20th - 28th how would a sprintweek date conflict with it if they ran a date the first week? and i was just talking about a usac date anytime not just sprintweek

12/12/08, 1:02 PM   #29
DW Blair

The egg shaped Mercer ought to be fun in June.

12/12/08, 2:04 PM   #30
Hubie

Looks pretty good. Glad to see so many half miles

I will skip Kamp this year, two years of eating dust is enough for me. Logistics make no sense, which is typical. Wonder if they are going to run against the Joe James/Pat O'Connor race again this year? (this is one of my favorite races and last year it was a stock car fest) :thumbsdown:

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC Sprint 2009