1/30/14, 8:30 PM   #71
Re: Shaft drive mini sprint
jjones752

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickMead#13 View Post
Haters gonna hate......lol

I agree with DAD. If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, who cares how it's feet look under the water.

I'm just wanting to build a cheap car to have as a backup. I just wonder why the rules said it was ok to do a q/c, but now I'm hearing it's not.
Hey, just kiddin'; I'm glad for both of our sakes it's not a beauty contest...
Where is it you're hearing a q/c isn't legal? 2014 Monteplier rules allow m-c motors to run a quickchange, and so does MMSA, the only 2 places around here that they were legal last year, although the MMSA site is still the 2013 rules. IMRA, an association I might have an interest in running with from time to time, doesn't prohibit shaft-drive m-c motors but motor offset for shaft drive is 1" from chassis c/l which would be next to impossible if you retained the transmission, a la a Kenyon car (actually, looking further down the page, the rules state m-c engines must retain all gears and shaft-drive must be powered by a production car engine; never mind).
Out of curiosity I checked Wayne Davis' SSMS Rules page and he appears to have adopted the IMRA rulebook word-for-word, other than a slight variation in rear wheel and tire widths; interesting....the beginnings of "national" D-II Midget rules, before the much-ballyhooed "national" Mini-Lightning Sprint package is made public?
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97

1/31/14, 10:25 AM   #72
PatrickMead#13

I look at it this way. If it has the looks, who cares about how the power is transmitted from the engine to the rear tires. If it eats power to run the q/c, then it just means I have to get up on the wheel more. Sounds like fun to me and I'll get more seat room in the office too.....lol

2/1/14, 5:01 PM   #73
TQ29m

Where did the rest of this go? Bob

2/1/14, 10:34 PM   #74
PatrickMead#13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ29m View Post
Where did the rest of this go? Bob
This thread is really odd how it keeps sinking down the list even with new posts. It's a friendly discussion without negativity so what gives?......

2/2/14, 10:54 AM   #75
jjones752

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 22

In the IT world, we call this a "feature"; if you do an advanced search using "shaft drive" as keywords, it comes up in the search but it says the last post was 1/26, but if you click on the little blue arrow to take you to the last post, you get that actual last post, which is now this one. Before I posted this, Pat's last post says it's #74, but if you hover over page 8 in the navigation buttons is says page 8 is results 71-80 of 106.
Yep, definitely a "feature"...
BTW, I gave the thread a 5-star "excellent" rating (which it is) to see if that would bring it back to the top but no dice. It will show up on the home page as the latest listing in the IOW Forum until somebody posts in one of the other threads and you can get here by clicking on that last post but if you click on the IOW Forum heading it's nowhere to be found in the first page of thread listings. This is an advanced feature.
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97

1 member likes this post: DAD
2/3/14, 11:38 PM   #76
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjones752 View Post
In the IT world, we call this a "feature"; if you do an advanced search using "shaft drive" as keywords, it comes up in the search but it says the last post was 1/26, but if you click on the little blue arrow to take you to the last post, you get that actual last post, which is now this one. Before I posted this, Pat's last post says it's #74, but if you hover over page 8 in the navigation buttons is says page 8 is results 71-80 of 106.
Yep, definitely a "feature"...
BTW, I gave the thread a 5-star "excellent" rating (which it is) to see if that would bring it back to the top but no dice. It will show up on the home page as the latest listing in the IOW Forum until somebody posts in one of the other threads and you can get here by clicking on that last post but if you click on the IOW Forum heading it's nowhere to be found in the first page of thread listings. This is an advanced feature.
Jim

Does that mean we are missing 31 posts or so? I m still a little slow on features.

Honest Dad himself

5/23/20, 7:33 PM   #77
Engq307

I have seen a 750 done this way. Has drive shaft and rear end. Trying to put pics up
Attached Images
789D7A0C-859B-4AC6-BD88-6DC50223710B.jpeg (328.3 KB, 0 views)

5/23/20, 7:35 PM   #78
Engq307

Here’s a look at it. Drive shaft runs right out if engine where chain would run to rear end
Attached Images
9AA8EE1B-ADC4-4992-B9A4-EA71CAED99B6.jpeg (408.3 KB, 1 views)

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Shaft drive mini sprint