IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Derek Neil Laycock passes.
10/23/07, 8:12 AM   #71
Re: Derek Neil Laycock passes.
sprint38racer

You are in our thoughts and prayers.

Ruble family

10/23/07, 11:26 AM   #72
RichC

D.O., I am so sorry to hear about your loss. No father should ever have to bury their son. I will keep you and you family in my thoughts.

10/23/07, 12:03 PM   #73
racegal

Race Count This Year: 19

D.O., I am so sorry to hear the sad news! You and your family will be in my prayers with a special prayer for comfort and peace! I'm sorry! I know no words can help!

10/23/07, 11:53 PM   #74
mizzmeatboy

Derek Laycock will be missed by those who had a chance to meet him and hang with him in person. He loved racing so much but never could find something other than shooting video and hanging around the track some with his dad and family. He didn't get to the track as often as he would of liked to, but enough to know he loved it.
Thoughts and prayers to all of the family and friends. Derek really loved his sister's Teri & Dani, brother Jason and his dad and Dru.

Thoughts and Prayers to the family.
RIP Derek Neil Laycock

10/24/07, 6:35 AM   #75
Gregg

Sorry to here of this D.O. 35 is way, way too young.

10/24/07, 9:40 AM   #76
STP

Race Count Last Year: 1

I'm so sorry to hear this terrible news. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

10/26/07, 3:21 PM   #77
DruLay20

Dear Racin' Friends,
D.O. and I and our family would like to thank everyone for your wonderful words of support and your prayers and all the flowers and everyone who attended Derek's funeral. There are no words that can express what all of this has meant to our family in this terribly difficult time.

I am sure that Derek Laycock is proud and smiling down upon all of us for all the love that was felt at his funeral and in the past few days.

This has certainly been the hardest thing D.O. has been thru in his life, and I know the love from all of you has helped him get thru it.

Again, thank you to all of our racin' friends and we will see you at the next race.

Sincerely,
D.O. and Dru Laycock and family

10/26/07, 4:28 PM   #78
racinstacie

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 64

Sorry to hear of your family's loss DO. Very sad news... we're praying for your strength in this tough time.

10/28/07, 6:47 PM   #79
D.O.

Sorry for having my wife post our thoughts but.

Thanks to all for the notes, flowers, support and prayers sent to the family. Lots of kindness from a great family of racers.

Derek left behind 2 young children, one a mere baby girl and an 11 year old son named Corbin.
Looks like God has blessed me with another child as Corbin will be spending a lot of time at the races with us next year.
Hopefully everybody will get a chance to meet him next year at the races.

Thanks again to all for their thoughts and prayers!

D.O., Corbin and Family

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Derek Neil Laycock passes.