IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gas City / OConnors
7/10/16, 1:34 PM   #81
Re: Gas City / OConnors
ThePurple73

Holy Cow! Use just a little bit of common sense. Once a year Sprint Week occurs, fans from all over come to visit Indiana, eat a Tenderloin, talk racing, Sandys Pizza, Union Jacks, wish I had corn on the cob I'm my area, attend all the tracks and have fun.

I understand the blankets, but just this one week give it up, let everyone have a chance at a seat. It probably isn't an issue any other week. Most tracks you can see from anywhere anyway. Cut the promoters some slack.

I didn't know they had the two board seats at Haubstadt? Is that on the backstretch? I always sit on the front stretch. I have graduated to a two board one, so thanks for letting me know.

Actually, you should count your blessings when your main complaint is a blanket issue at a race track!

4 members like this post: FEATHERDUSTER, interpreter66, PIT CART, trannyman
7/10/16, 4:20 PM   #82
rclaridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePurple73 View Post
Holy Cow! Use just a little bit of common sense. Once a year Sprint Week occurs, fans from all over come to visit Indiana, eat a Tenderloin, talk racing, Sandys Pizza, Union Jacks, wish I had corn on the cob I'm my area, attend all the tracks and have fun.

I understand the blankets, but just this one week give it up, let everyone have a chance at a seat. It probably isn't an issue any other week. Most tracks you can see from anywhere anyway. Cut the promoters some slack.

I didn't know they had the two board seats at Haubstadt? Is that on the backstretch? I always sit on the front stretch. I have graduated to a two board one, so thanks for letting me know.

Actually, you should count your blessings when your main complaint is a blanket issue at a race track!
Backstretch reserve seats,you can call ahead and and get one and you don't have to look into the sun either!!

7/10/16, 5:14 PM   #83
speedbump

Just my opinion but I don't think that you should have Stadium seats for the bleachers just take a blanket and set on it. because I was at Kokomo couple weeks ago there's a guy with a stadium seat you couldn't walk behind him when he leaned back and makes it unbearable for people to get through

7/10/16, 8:05 PM   #84
Vukie

I really think it's all USAC's fault.

7/12/16, 7:23 PM   #85
short track scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
I had no problem. I wish all tracks would do away with blankets. Earl Baltes told me once letting people put down blankets was the worst thing they ever did at Eldora. A guy comes from the tail for the win, and all you can post is crying about blankets. I wonder what's wrong with the sport
I'm glad the O'Connors took the chance on opening Gas City, for any or as many nights as they see fit. I only wish my schedule allowed me to be there more often.

The situation may not have been handled well. At all. But at least there was racing.

I get the purpose of putting down blankets. The same can be accomplished through reserved seating. Of course the management of that would probably take a dollar or two upcharge. But it would hold seats.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gas City / OConnors