IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
HonkerII (Offline)
  #1 4/28/08 8:49 AM
I’m looking for the final Sprint standings for Eldora Enterprises for 1974. I’ve tried Mid America and National Speedsport News but am missing the editions that would most likely contain the standings. I’ve also spoken with Kevin Eckert and found he doesn’t track points. While I do know Tommy Dickson was the champion, I am looking to find more and I’m hoping someone here can help. Thanks.

Mike Garrepy
ScottLimbert (Offline)
  #2 4/28/08 1:39 PM
I just looked in a '75 Eldora program and he olny points they have are the USAC national points. try Eldoras website I believe they have the points there

Scott
HonkerII (Offline)
  #3 4/28/08 2:07 PM
Thanks for the reply Scott. What is on the Eldora web site just lists the champion, Tommy Dickson. Specifically I am looking for where Doc Dawson finished. Many readers of this board recall Doc and his tragic death at Springfield in 1976. His story, for FlatOut, is just about finished except for a few missing details - such as this. Thanks again.

Mike Garrepy
Bubzilla (Offline)
  #4 4/28/08 2:42 PM
Kevin Eckert would be your best source at Openwheeltimes.com.

Send him and email and I'm sure you'll get the correct answer.

Joe Mc.
smith19 (Offline)
  #5 4/28/08 5:34 PM
I Would Say Rick Ferkel And Jim And Fred Linder Would Be In There To. Yea Doc Was Killed In Mac Klingan's Car. I Remember Him Telling My Granny The Story Of What Happened.
HonkerII (Offline)
  #6 4/28/08 6:59 PM
I tried Eckert but he does not keep point standings.
Bubzilla (Offline)
  #7 4/28/08 7:05 PM
Sorry, I read your initial post too fast to notice that comment. One of the perils of surfing the net during working hours when the boss is in the room. :doh:

Joe Mc.
dfish
  #8 4/28/08 11:37 PM
Originally Posted by smith19:
I Would Say Rick Ferkel And Jim And Fred Linder Would Be In There To. Yea Doc Was Killed In Mac Klingan's Car. I Remember Him Telling My Granny The Story Of What Happened.
Torsion stop broke going into one, no?
HonkerII (Offline)
  #9 4/29/08 12:42 PM
Either the torsion bar or torsion stop broke. I have pictures of the car after the crash (which will not be published) and the roll cage collapsed onto itself. There is no way anyone could have survived the crash.
leo4502003 (Offline)
  #10 5/8/08 3:51 PM
Hi Mike, Here are the Eldora Enterprises 1974 standings. 1. Tommy Dickson (475 points) 2.Mike Johnson (422) 3. Rocky Fisher (368) 4. Don Hewitt (360) 5. Doc Dawson (341) 6. Mark Caldwell (336) 7. Rick Ferkel (293) 8. Ron Semelka (283) 9. Dick Gaines (275) 10. Jack Hewitt (258).

Lee Booth