IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Joe Spiker runs Putnamville now
7/4/09, 10:08 PM   #91
Re: Joe Spiker runs Putnamville now
agar

Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlene View Post
I called Joe Spiker and spoke to his wife and called Dave Allison and spoke to him directly (thanks Peggy for the phone number) its sounds like racer 1020 is spot on. When I spoke to Allison he was actually eating lunch with Joe Spiker. He told me there will be a post some time today regarding this issue on the www.lincolnparkspeedway.com [B]Official website[B]But I know for a fact that Bill Gardner is wrong, Joe does not own the track. The still track owner and new promoter both confirmed that issue. You know it really is strange how when Allison took over the all you guys were saying what a great thing it was to see Hopton out and Allison in. How easily we forget three am finishes nearly every week, port a pots instead of restrooms, skids stacked from the light poles to the corners, so the infield workers could get close to your car if you spun out, and oh by the way if you did spin out in the bottom of one and two you had to have a wrecker pull you out every time because the mud was two feet deep, thats the problem with this website and racers who gossip on it. I was raised if you didn't have anything nice to say keep your mouth shut. And if you don't know the facts don't speculate because its just gossip. And they say women are bad!!
Real nice post for a New poster why don't you take your own advice about (don't have anything nice to say keep your mouth shut) real nice to come on here and call the man who runs the board a liar and if you don't like this site get the hell off it.

2 members like this post: RATHER B RACING
7/4/09, 10:55 PM   #92
Wallsracing

Race Count This Year: 54
Race Count Last Year: 37

Quote:
i called joe spiker and spoke to his wife and called dave allison and spoke to him directly (thanks peggy for the phone number) its sounds like racer 1020 is spot on. When i spoke to allison he was actually eating lunch with joe spiker. He told me there will be a post some time today regarding this issue on the www.lincolnparkspeedway.com [b]official website[b]but i know for a fact that bill gardner is wrong, joe does not own the track. The still track owner and new promoter both confirmed that issue. You know it really is strange how when allison took over the all you guys were saying what a great thing it was to see hopton out and allison in. How easily we forget three am finishes nearly every week, port a pots instead of restrooms, skids stacked from the light poles to the corners, so the infield workers could get close to your car if you spun out, and oh by the way if you did spin out in the bottom of one and two you had to have a wrecker pull you out every time because the mud was two feet deep, thats the problem with this website and racers who gossip on it. I was raised if you didn't have anything nice to say keep your mouth shut. And if you don't know the facts don't speculate because its just gossip. And they say women are bad!!
sign ur name ...............who gave you the number peggy who

1 member likes this post: RATHER B RACING
7/4/09, 11:03 PM   #93
hoosierhillbilly

Putnamville has been a part of the Indiana racing scene for a lot of years. We can all agree that it has been neglected for a while. It should be good news that someone could be potentially breathing new life (and cutting down the weeds) at the old track. Lets wait and see what the promotor has to say before he is thrown under the bus.
Last edited by hoosierhillbilly; 7/4/09 at 11:05 PM.

7/4/09, 11:41 PM   #94
Bill Gardner
Administrator

Call me what you want. I can handle it. I've got a little thicker skin than most.

I know what I was told and I still believe it. Out of respect for JOE SPIKER... no additional comments about this matter will be made by me.

7/4/09, 11:41 PM   #95
agar

I agree

7/5/09, 12:57 AM   #96
starlene

Quote:
Originally Posted by agar View Post
Real nice post for a New poster why don't you take your own advice about (don't have anything nice to say keep your mouth shut) real nice to come on here and call the man who runs the board a liar and if you don't like this site get the hell off it.
Mr. Bennett i'm not bad mouthing anyone if you read my post carefully you would know the difference between calling someone a liar or just telling someone they were wrong. Just relaying the facts that were easily attainable with 15 minutes of effort not rumor or gossip.

7/5/09, 1:22 AM   #97
Tq14

I have to post on this topic. I am always a huge supporter of LPS and will always be. I know Joe is a great guy and that Lincoln Park is a great open wheel track. I want to say when two great things come together only good things come out of it no matter if he owns or leases. Best of Luck at LPS and if you have a spot add MTQRL to the schedule.

7/5/09, 3:46 AM   #98
agar

Quote:
Mr. Bennett i'm not bad mouthing anyone if you read my post carefully you would know the difference between calling someone a liar or just telling someone they were wrong. Just relaying the facts that were easily attainable with 15 minutes of effort not rumor or gossip.
Your first 4 post as a member of this board you are bad mouthing 2 people who have been here from the start (D.O. & Bill) who have done more for the sport of Openwheel racing then any so called phone call you made and after all what has been done to People By ole D.A. due you think they would trust his word or what you say he said when you can't even sign your name to your post.

yes you have the right to say someone is wrong but don't be a coward and not sign your name.
hoping soon you can find something nice to say then I will say welcome to the Board where Bill gives you a place to be able to gripe

1 member likes this post: RATHER B RACING
7/5/09, 9:54 AM   #99
john3g

All I can say is that I feel like the little people in the Wizard Of OZ when the house fell on the witch..."Ding dong,,ding dong, D.A is finally GONE!!!!!!!! Jon Gurley Best of luck to Joe..I know he can make it happen..

7/5/09, 10:08 AM   #100
SpfldMile

I think everyone is happy about LPS. It is just that Danville was really a bright spot this year and especially for the Illinois guys. If they continue to run sprints, and I hope they do, no other night will work out. They might be able to run Fridays, but that will undoubtedly be the demise of Jacksonville. If they wanted to run Sundays, the proximity to Kokomo would either split the field, or not draw enough cars. I wish they would just run LPS on Sundays, but I guess the Sat. night tradition is not going to allow that to happen. There is a zero percent chance that I will drive to Danville to watch modifieds.

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Joe Spiker runs Putnamville now