IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Jack Hewitt
8/22/14, 12:28 PM   #1
Jack Hewitt
jet darryl

TROY, Ohio – Hall of Fame driver Jack Hewitt will make a return to Silver Crown competition at Eldora Speedway on Sept. 20 at the 4-Crown Nationals. Hewitt has been idle since 2003, when serious injuries curtailed his racing career.
Hewitt will reunite with longtime associates Team 6R, American Racer tires, and Parker Machinery. Although he has not been involved in actual competition over the past decade, Hewitt has logged thousands of laps at various tracks in his custom-built two-seater sprint car.
Hewitt enjoyed a spectacular career that led to his induction into the National Sprint Car Hall of Fame in 2002. His 23 wins in USAC Silver Crown competition remains the all-time series record, and he scored 46 USAC National Sprint Car wins through the course of his career.
Eldora Speedway and the 4-Crown Nationals is the site of one of Hewitt’s greatest triumphs, and one of motorsports most amazing feats. In 1998 Hewitt swept all four feature events—USAC midget, sprint car, Silver Crown, and open wheel modified—on the same night. The accomplishment has never been equaled at a national level.

8/22/14, 2:21 PM   #2
fasster23

Awesome

8/22/14, 2:40 PM   #3
Scooter

Race Count This Year: Lots
Race Count Last Year: 50+

Might have to switch around some plans....

8/22/14, 3:21 PM   #4
Re: Jack Hewitt
apexonephoto

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 35

A few months ago, Jack brought his two seater up to South Buxton Raceway in Canada. To possibly fit another two seater ride in, he tagged the back of the field when the feature started. 2-3 laps in and he was passing last place, needless to say he got the black flag the next time around.

8/22/14, 3:54 PM   #5
treecitytornado

Hewitt raced at last year's Jack Hewitt Classic in an actual car! He got hurt in July of 2002 at North Vernon.

1 member likes this post: Geoff Kaiser
8/22/14, 5:46 PM   #6
flagboy55

God bless jack!

8/22/14, 5:58 PM   #7
grinch

Jack you leave nothing to prove you are "the man".............enjoy yourself, take care and enjoy.......

8/22/14, 8:29 PM   #8
dirt in ur beer
Banned

Race Count This Year: 41
Race Count Last Year: 28

Awesome!! Taking the girlfriend to 4 crown for her first ever visit and I've only been there for the World 100 once myself. This is a BIG bonus for me!!!!

8/22/14, 9:18 PM   #9
double checkered

It was 2012 that Jack competed at Waynesfield Raceway Park. He qualified 17th fastest out of 54 competitors. He started 25th in the feature. I can't remember how far he advanced but he pulled off and was credited with 21st position. Go get'em Jack. You're my hero!

Jeremy

1 member likes this post: SGreen
8/22/14, 9:48 PM   #10
chathamracefan

I remember watching him run the crown car at Springfield with a patch over his eye after a bad accident. Believe he won at Springfield the year after that. Early 2000's I think

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Jack Hewitt