IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Central Time for Indiana?
1/16/14, 5:06 PM   #1
Central Time for Indiana?
Action Tracker

A growing coalition of Hoosiers are pushing for a move to Central Time. Might be worth a call or letter to your Congressman. I think that we can all agree that since the move to Daylight Savings Time our dirt tracks have been forced to continue the show on a baked out track or move hot laps back to 9:00. The movement is based on the dangers of having small children getting on the bus before dawn. That's a good reason as well.

6 members like this post: DAD, DaveP63, dirtnonwingfan, duel, mowerman, SprintManDave
1/16/14, 5:16 PM   #2
Re: Central Time for Indiana?
DAD

Sure would help my body clock stay in tune if they did that and do away with that daylight stuff too while they are at it.

Honest Dad himself

1 member likes this post: DaveP63
1/16/14, 5:18 PM   #3
duel

I'm all for it being from Michigan. Makes it easier to make Friday night races in Indiana. Plus the sun going down earlier at the track.

1/16/14, 5:28 PM   #4
Rpracing1

Here goes the annual Time Zone discussion on IOW! Fun times ahead indeed.............

1/16/14, 5:34 PM   #5
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

The confusion was created by the cities that were in the Eastern time zone, but didn't observe DST. When they started observing DST, it then became apparent that they were in the wrong time zone.

1/16/14, 9:48 PM   #6
Flatrightrear

I love Daylight Savings Time.

3 members like this post: batch56, pjohnson, rclaridge
1/16/14, 10:00 PM   #7
treecitytornado

I hate daylight savings with a passion! Keep on the same time all year like it was forever!

3 members like this post: DaveP63, larsonfan, Spi-nex
1/16/14, 10:44 PM   #8
Action Tracker

The problem isn't as much Daylight Savings Time. The problem is that geographically, Indiana is too far west to be on Eastern Time. Pick up a phone book and look at the Time Zone map in the front and you'll see what I mean.

3 members like this post: Brat47, PJ Wright, ronmil
1/16/14, 10:52 PM   #9
arctic monkey21

If you traveled much in the southern part of the state it was very confusing with the old system, because there was so much variation between counties that were in the central time zone, counties that stayed the same all year, and counties that followed eastern time all year. Now unless you're in Haubstadt, Evansville, or by Chicago is pretty easy to know what time it is.

1/16/14, 11:08 PM   #10
johnnythunderhead
Banned

its always seemed to me that we need daylight savings time in the winter and need to do away with it in the summer

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Central Time for Indiana?