IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gas City 2014
2/6/14, 7:40 AM   #1
Gas City 2014
Jerry Spencer

Midgets every Friday night, trophy dash for top six and more, Good luck Mel we are behind you 100%

Spencer Racing #66j
stida.com / HalfMoon Resturant & Brewery
www.joshspencer.com

2/6/14, 8:15 AM   #2
Re: Gas City 2014
coondog

This is great to see. I had a conversation with another track owner a couple years ago at Chili Bowl and said that if a weekly track would pick up the midgets, even a couple races a month, that I felt midget racing would grow again in IN. First Montpilier and now Gas City. Any midget owners, I wouldn't mind doing some double duty when I'm there with the 10e! Also don't forget that I put together a contingency program for the dirt tracks in IN. The midgets at Gas City and Montpilier would fall under this. If you need info, e mail me at jcoons@impactraceproducts.com

2/6/14, 8:47 AM   #3
interpreter66

midget's and sprint's ?

2/6/14, 9:36 AM   #4
PatrickMead#13

Interesting... It's good to see even more midget racing coming back. It should help Montpelier on Saturdays and Gas City on Fridays. Good stuff!!!

1 member likes this post: speed bump
2/6/14, 10:06 AM   #5
jjones752

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 22

I don't see anything yet on the Gas city website about Midgets, or the 2014 schedule at all for that matter; does anyone know if they will be using Montpelier rules (i.e., Mini Sprints welcome)? If so, I welcome the opportunity to run more often; if not, well, good luck in your new venture.
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97

1 member likes this post: Jim Gardner
2/6/14, 10:31 AM   #6
RayPro33

Any contact info or official info on this would be great.

2 members like this post: jjones752, PatrickMead#13
2/6/14, 11:35 AM   #7
cjaxx1987

Race Count This Year: 29
Race Count Last Year: Lost Count!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjones752 View Post
I don't see anything yet on the Gas city website about Midgets, or the 2014 schedule at all for that matter; does anyone know if they will be using Montpelier rules (i.e., Mini Sprints welcome)? If so, I welcome the opportunity to run more often; if not, well, good luck in your new venture.
They posted an article in our local paper saying midgets were going to be in the weekly show.

2/6/14, 12:08 PM   #8
Jerry Spencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by coondog View Post
This is great to see. I had a conversation with another track owner a couple years ago at Chili Bowl and said that if a weekly track would pick up the midgets, even a couple races a month, that I felt midget racing would grow again in IN. First Montpilier and now Gas City. Any midget owners, I wouldn't mind doing some double duty when I'm there with the 10e! Also don't forget that I put together a contingency program for the dirt tracks in IN. The midgets at Gas City and Montpilier would fall under this. If you need info, e mail me at jcoons@impactraceproducts.com
Jerry We read about the news in the Kokomo Tribune on Wed. As far as the stands (another post) I am pretty sure the city of Gas City would not allow the upgrade. Had I not read this I would have never put it on the site.

Jerry #66j
stida.com / HalfMoon Resturant & Brewery
www.joshspencer.com
Last edited by Jerry Spencer; 2/6/14 at 12:11 PM.

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, dirtnonwingfan, mowerman, nathans1012, speed bump
2/6/14, 12:56 PM   #9
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

That is great news. For years there have been conversations among fans about the desire for more midget racing in Indiana and the positive effects this would have. I am so happy to see that now there will be two nights a week. I hope that midget owners support these races. I look forward to attending them.

4 members like this post: mowerman, nathans1012, ossuks, Pat O'Connor Fan
2/6/14, 5:53 PM   #10
jjones752

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 22

Just read the Kokomo Tribune article (http://www.kokomotribune.com/sports/...th-fresh-ideas), and it sounds like things are still in the planning stage, very much like over at the Speedrome; "Trophy Dashes, midgets on a weekly basis and a different plan of attack are just a few things that new promoter Mel Botkin has in mind for his first season at the Gas City I-69 Speedway". Hopefully a schedule/rules package will be out soon. Until then, I'm sure the IOW Rumor Mill will have plenty to say on the subject
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97
Last edited by jjones752; 2/6/14 at 5:55 PM.

2 members like this post: fish, PatrickMead#13
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gas City 2014