IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Silver Crown Technical Update
4/11/15, 3:50 PM   #11
Jonr

Quote:
Originally Posted by racephoto1 View Post
AR had won the business. Springfield , Hoosier Hundred, just to name two. They're less expensive and perform better. This I know, I've used them. Sometimes you just can't beat ********, and we all know there are no ******** in USAC, don't we.
The business is won at the board room not the race track. AR knows this. They used to be "the official IMCA" tire. If you wanted to race an IMCA mod, you needed an AR tire with an IMCA stamp. Nothing new here.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, fish, interpreter66
4/11/15, 4:33 PM   #12
Re: Silver Crown Technical Update
PJ Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonr View Post
Every major series has a tire rule.
That's what I was thinking. Not a big fan of the way USAC does SOME things, but for the two free tires.
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.

1 member likes this post: fish
4/11/15, 5:33 PM   #13
sprntr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonr View Post
The business is won at the board room not the race track. AR knows this. They used to be "the official IMCA" tire. If you wanted to race an IMCA mod, you needed an AR tire with an IMCA stamp. Nothing new here.
And Hoosier "stole" that business too.

We raced IMCA Sprints with both the A/R "Hockey Puck" and it's Hoosier replacement. The A/R held up better, refired better and had superior hot & cold traction than the IMCA Hoosier.

4/11/15, 6:19 PM   #14
usac99

By USAC ruling in favor for only Hoosier Tire, maybe this is how they are paying for Davey Hamilton's salary?

2 members like this post: ossuks, racephoto1
4/12/15, 1:21 AM   #15
coondog

I really don't understand everyone's comments. I'm not for either side. I run American Racers in NZ. We ran American Racers on some of the miles last year. Hoosier has helped me for many years as well. USAC, like almost every other sanctioning body, wants to have a tire rule. In order to have one, the tire manufacturers have to supply both dirt and pavement. Not just the dirt. From what I understand, both tire companies made a proposal. AR was not ready with a pavement tire. The 2 companies were within $2 of tire price. I realize all of the facts weren't given to the general race fans/public. Please realize there is usually more information that the powers that be have that you don't. There are plenty of sanctioning bodies out there that have AR tire rules. I guess I'm getting more sarcastic in my old age but if you don't want to watch cars go around on Hoosiers and support the best open wheel racing around, then go catch some modified races. Rant over. Goodnight.

4/12/15, 1:28 AM   #16
2fast4u

Wow i guess thats just the way it is then ...

4/12/15, 8:27 AM   #17
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

The problem I have with it is that OK, AR doesn't have a pavement tire.

It still hurts someone that has a AR sponsorship, Hoosier going to take that over when it becomes illegal to run AR tires anywhere on the car even on dirt? Thats the thing that helps get racers to a track.

Whats next, You gotta run ACME shocks and Widget bars and a XYZ Chassis?
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 4/12/15 at 8:29 AM.

5 members like this post: MKTQ17, PIT CART, racephoto1, SWScaleChassis, TQ29m
4/12/15, 12:01 PM   #18
goat

Now days we don't always build a better mouse trap,we just cage the mouse and say it was ours all along.

2 members like this post: racephoto1, Tom23
4/12/15, 1:10 PM   #19
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

And from the first time a car horse met a car. Racing has always been about competition. The competition should be on the track, Not in a bank account.

4/12/15, 1:38 PM   #20
ThrowbackRacingTeam

So Coondog, how much is the Hoosier? I paid only $165 for American Racers from Tony Rose who also helped me with set ups. The Hoosier guy was an a$$. You also failed to answer why USAC had to do this. Obviously, sanctioning bodies do this to line their pockets. I ran 2 races on one set of American Racer fronts and they still had life. Hoosiers were junk after one. They always are.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Silver Crown Technical Update