IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Ohio Sprint Week 2024 Dates.....
12/11/23, 1:37 PM   #11
Re: Ohio Sprint Week 2024 Dates.....
revjimk

But I found this on Dirttrackr:
In Ohio over the weekend, we did get a very good resolution for the future of Ohio Sprint Speedweek. With the end of the All Stars via the High Limit acquisition, things have been incredibly fluid in the Ohio sprint car scene over the last several weeks. The rumors pointed towards two separate speedweeks, and possibly two competing regional series, with Aaron Fry's FAST Series already in place, and a startup ready to challenge them. That startup series was supposedly hours away from being announced at one point, before it died on the vine. You might remember back to November 18th when Ross Paulson posted to Twitter that he was backing out of the project to start that second series. With Speedweek though, we got great news over the weekend that the entire area was coming together to make this happen as a unified deal. At PRI late last week I heard rumblings a deal could be imminent, and Saturday I got the word that it was done. June 7th through the 15th in 2024, with nine races in nine days. Attica, Fremont, Waynesfield, Wayne County, Hilltop, Sharon, Muskingum County, Millstream, and Atomic are the nine dates. The week will be split on the streaming services between FloRacing and DIRTVision, and this thing was a group effort by everyone around the state, and from both the Flo slash High Limit side and the World Racing Group side. I feel like this level of cooperation doesn't happen often in dirt racing, so big kudos to them for getting this done. The FAST Series confirmed everything on Sunday via social media. I know this wasn't easy, but the sport as a whole can't grow until we see more of this with tracks and series working together for the betterment of everyone.

12/11/23, 1:40 PM   #12
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Im not sure what year Boss ran it twice. Second was a Haloween race with Wings racing as well. Kraig Kinser won the wings. Sheldon flipped while leading biking on the cushion of the Non Wings and Jac couldn't keep a RR hoosier from blowing
"you couldn't pay me to go back to Millstream no matter who owns it now. Even if you gave me free cheap beer."
What if they gave you free expensive beer????

3 members like this post: azsprintfan1, erich45, Stevensville Mike
12/11/23, 1:42 PM   #13
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
This could turn into a real train wreck. To me this shows how much the All Stars were on the ropes in Ohio. Had someone tell me that last year, and I didn't want to believe him. Think he was right. Hope it works out for the fans, teams, and tracks.
Why would it be a train wreck?
Everybody seems to want cooperation between sanctioning bodies, & now its happening....

1 member likes this post: azsprintfan1
12/11/23, 1:55 PM   #14
BrentTFunk

No continuity. You want consistency in the product every night. If it is a FAST series, then let them control streaming and stuff like that. You need everyone doing things the same. All tracks should work together and have a consistent product. I hope for everyone who is involved sake, it is a success. I guess we will see.

3 members like this post: Grocery Guy, Ilovedirttrackracing, PIT CART
12/11/23, 2:58 PM   #15
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by revjimk View Post
"you couldn't pay me to go back to Millstream no matter who owns it now. Even if you gave me free cheap beer."
What if they gave you free expensive beer????
Oh, heck no, Jim. I might have an allergic reaction to the good stuff.

12/12/23, 7:15 AM   #16
treecitytornado

Chuck, it's been a long time since Millstream was on the Ohio Sprint Speedweek Schedule! I remember being there for the Speedweek Opener in 1988, when I was a little kid and they still all pit in the Infield!!
Glad to see it back!! Sad to see Eldora Not! I really enjoyed the Speedweek Return in 2023 with BOSS,too! I know that Aaron did all he could scheduling, so it is what it is.

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
12/12/23, 12:17 PM   #17
mlamb

Quote:
Originally Posted by treecitytornado View Post
Chuck, it's been a long time since Millstream was on the Ohio Sprint Speedweek Schedule! I remember being there for the Speedweek Opener in 1988, when I was a little kid and they still all pit in the Infield!!
Glad to see it back!! Sad to see Eldora Not! I really enjoyed the Speedweek Return in 2023 with BOSS,too! I know that Aaron did all he could scheduling, so it is what it is.
Those Sunday night Speedweek openers at Millstream then were awesome, I was at that event too JT. Lots of fans (tailgating) and a lot of race cars.
Seems like I remember Bobby Allen transfering thru the b main starting way in the back and winning the feature maybe a couple of those Speedweek opening events? I do remember seeing Brent Kaeding for the first time ever, there. Good times!

1 member likes this post: treecitytornado
12/12/23, 12:48 PM   #18
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevensville Mike View Post
Oh, heck no, Jim. I might have an allergic reaction to the good stuff.
Too funny!

12/12/23, 12:49 PM   #19
revjimk

Quote:
No continuity. You want consistency in the product every night. If it is a FAST series, then let them control streaming and stuff like that. You need everyone doing things the same. All tracks should work together and have a consistent product. I hope for everyone who is involved sake, it is a success. I guess we will see.
Yes indeed, we will see...
Hoping for the best

12/17/23, 3:07 PM   #20
revjimk

Quote:
The only unifying factor I can see would be $$$.... anybody know if there's a point fund for the whole week?
For the fans, there's continuity... just go the races & don't worry about who the promoter is....

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Ohio Sprint Week 2024 Dates.....