IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gas City Races Cancelled
7/20/11, 8:45 PM   #11
Re: Gas City Races Cancelled
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

I have watched this thread & the Blmgtn Cancelled thread also, do I like the tracks cancelling, not really, but it is what it is, I have to respect the decisions made, oh buy the way, I can't change em anyway.
For those of you from Ohio, maybe you should go to Texas/Arkansas to watch races,from Maine, dont like it here,move back there,those from Florida,stay there amongst the illegalls,from those from the left Coast, well nobody ask anyone to come to Indiana, those from Pennsylvania, you should know the drill..
It is hot here yes, if these tracks had raced the ******** would be about how bad the track was. Open shooting here let it begin.I am just happy that ISW was last week

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"
Last edited by Dirtfan; 7/20/11 at 9:33 PM.

5 members like this post: dirt330, jim goerge, racerfanx2, speed bump
7/20/11, 9:09 PM   #12
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtfan View Post
I have watched this thread & the Blmgtn Cancelled thread also, do I like the tracks cancelling, not really, but it is what it is, I have to respect the decisions made, oh buy the way, I can't change em anyway.
For those of you from Ohio, maybe you should go to Texas/Arkansas to watch races,from Maine, dont like it here,move back there,those from Florida,stay there amongst the illegalls,from those from the left Coast, well nobody ask anyone to come to Indiana.
It is hot here yes, if these tracks had raced the ******** would be about how bad the track was. Open shooting here let it begin.I am just happy that ISW was last week
Mr. Hetser's post was brought to you by the Indiana Tourism Bureau.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

1 member likes this post: randy j
7/20/11, 9:12 PM   #13
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Shaw View Post
Mr. Hetser's post was brought to you by the Indiana Tourism Bureau.

Jerry
Thank You Jerry for calling me Mr.. but God rest his soul he passed away in 1961, prolly before you were born/hatched.

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

7/20/11, 9:16 PM   #14
lovindirt

They have to watch the economics of the track and if they don't show a crowd the bills don't stop. The racers want paid, track personnel want paid, and on and on. So if its not looking good its probably the correct call, the racers don't want to race for a partial purse since the crowds not there and we are the main attraction of the show. So if its to damn hot then their won't be enough money for the purse, and I know that Jack can cover it but why should he were supposed to draw the crowd. And I have worked in it all day and I'm here to say WOW its darn hot. I put in field tile in the swirling dust storms all day, and it sucks. Plus the people in the stands won't enjoy the heat little own the dust bowl, and they are who we put the show on for not ourselves. Besides it will make for larger car counts at other tracks. So someone will win in all this. JMO Jeff

1 member likes this post: Dirtfan
7/20/11, 9:16 PM   #15
Tim Watson

I guess i understand the call but on the other hand my 12 year old son had football camp and baseball practice today and each lasted two hours and it was 95 degrees here today.

1 member likes this post: Wayne Davis
7/20/11, 9:19 PM   #16
AERO410SCJA

Race Count This Year: 24

Looks like I'll be heading east where there skin is a little thicker

PS The first two races I attended at Manzy it was 115 when they opened the gates.
Last edited by AERO410SCJA; 7/20/11 at 9:22 PM.

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, rdzsprint, Wayne Davis
7/20/11, 9:21 PM   #17
deannalynn

http://www.indystar.com/article/2011...t|IndyStar.com
We're on water conservation, too, and they are expecting power outages in Anderson due to overloaded transformers. This is the worst heat wave in 70 years. Racing is a luxury. Gas City and Bloomington are doing their civic duty by conserving water and electricity.

2 members like this post: Kansasdirtfan, Seadog
7/20/11, 9:22 PM   #18
short track scott

You're all pecking on the same log...prepare and adapt. You can't work and live in the air conditioning all week and pop outside and not expect the body to give you a "%&**!" People who work outside can handle it a little better, but when given the choice most prefer to relax away from the heat!

How many of us are going to sit through the delays every time someone needs a bit of medical attention because of the heat. The show gets held up and we all start boiling. Believe it or not the guys in the cars are almost better off than the fans because they are more conditioned to the heat, and are active.

Not to mention the promoters have now minused another paycheck out of their season, or conversely, saved themselves from an upside down night financially.

I wouldnt be there either way because I wont be off the road in time.
Posted via Mobile Device
Last edited by short track scott; 7/20/11 at 9:27 PM.

1 member likes this post: Dirtfan
7/20/11, 9:33 PM   #19
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Disappointed yes. But on life's big road, this is just a slight bump. Trust me, there are much bigger things in life to worry about than this.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

7/20/11, 10:03 PM   #20
bigpimpin35

From a fans perspective, I can understand the frustration. As for me, I love this hot weather. I complain about the cold all winter long and wish it stays like this! When it comes to the drivers' safety however, I can understand the decision. I don't know how they do it in the underwear and the firesuit. Especially during sprint week in Bloomington. Always seems about 10 degrees hotter in the pits there! But as for everyone calling this a "heat wave" and "the hottest in 70 years"....come on..It's like this every July in Indiana!!!! Try bailing some hay and stacking it in a barn on a day like today...then you can complain

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gas City Races Cancelled