Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Eldora Crowd
5/12/08, 4:48 PM   #21
Re: Eldora Crowd
SUPERDUKE
Banned

:checkered:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonwing View Post
This race was my first one back to Eldora in probably 10 or more years. Not because of anything in particular, just didn't seem to be on my radar screen. Plus living in Brownsburg we have so many tracks near by with such awesome racing, I chose to be close to home and more recently see my friends race, when I felt good enough to go.

I will say this, man was it dusty. Even Tracy after his win said he was really scared the last few laps trying to see where he was going. It reminded me of racing at Terre Haute during the day. Most of you probably don't remember seeing a day show however.

I took a few folks who had never been to a dirt race and we had to move our stuff to the top of the hill in turn one during the feature so we could see what was going on. Out next race for them, if I can get them to go again, will be Bloomington with that red clay and 3 wide racing.

Gas prices.... We rode over in a Toyota Camry and that wasn't cheap. I cannot imagine towing with one of those big Diesels. Funny, I wonder if they will go back to towing like I did with an open trailer? Naw, those teams are too spoiled.

George Wilkins
ONE OF THE REASONS FOR ALL THESE DRY DUSTY TRACKS IS THE 18" WIDE WHEEELS AND 20" WIDE TIRES! THEY ARE STEAM ROLLERS PACKING THE TRACK! GO BACK TO 12" WIDE WHEELS AND DIG INTO THE TRACK FOR TRACTION NOT LOOKING FOR THE TRACK TO TAKE RUBBER WITCH IS NOT DIRT TRACK RACING!!!!!!!!!! AND THE LACK OF TAKING CARE AND PREPARING THE TRACK!

5/12/08, 4:55 PM   #22
LittleRube

I didnt go because sister Rose was :angry-smiley-007: but i also heard that they stopped selling ruben burgers at the concession stand....:headbang

5/12/08, 4:56 PM   #23
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERDUKE View Post
:checkered: ONE OF THE REASONS FOR ALL THESE DRY DUSTY TRACKS IS THE 18" WIDE WHEEELS AND 20" WIDE TIRES! THEY ARE STEAM ROLLERS PACKING THE TRACK! GO BACK TO 12" WIDE WHEELS AND DIG INTO THE TRACK FOR TRACTION NOT LOOKING FOR THE TRACK TO TAKE RUBBER WITCH IS NOT DIRT TRACK RACING!!!!!!!!!! AND THE LACK OF TAKING CARE AND PREPARING THE TRACK!
Good point. would also need less motor.

5/12/08, 7:10 PM   #24
Kirk Spridgeon

Yeah, Brent, it takes a big, hittin' spec 360 to run in the top-five from the back. haha

5/12/08, 7:51 PM   #25
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Spridgeon View Post
Yeah, Brent, it takes a big, hittin' spec 360 to run in the top-five from the back. haha
I thought his run was great. Probably made possible by the 22 other cars with big tires and motors wearing out the track. Actually Kirk I can't say that, I didn't think the track was that bad. I did think it was a good show though.

5/12/08, 8:15 PM   #26
Jerry Spencer

I also thought the track was in good shape, when we pulled across the track the truck and trailer sank a little due to all the water in the track. But what do I know that was only our third time running there.

Jerry #66j
www.joshspencer.com

5/12/08, 8:57 PM   #27
1967brad

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfish View Post
Maybe people are tired of Eldora not living up to the hype the way it used to.
I AGREE ELDORA IS NOT ALL THAT!! LIKE IT WAS AT ONE TIME.ONE THING I DO LIKE IS THERE PIT PASS PRICE $25 FAIR.WHARE I THOUGHT KOKOMO WAS A PIT MUCH AT $35 KOKOMO RACING IS AT ITS BEST EACH RACE.MAYBE SMOKE NEEDS TO GO GET SOME OF THAT CLAY FROM THE BURG THE DUST IS JUST BIT MUCH AT ELDORA.

5/12/08, 8:59 PM   #28
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I never even knew the race had been given a make up date.

My fault I guess but, wheres this promotion we're hearing about?

5/12/08, 9:02 PM   #29
lovindirt

Hey its a dirt track, you win some you lose some, but what really counts is that they finally got one in; right guys, no one got hurt and all had fun, not rich but fun.
???? why can MSCS put on a 10,000.00 show and they have only been in existance for a few years, I remember running with them getting fourth in the feature, and hardly making any money at all, now they pay pretty good, and here USAC has been doing this for a while and don't pay that well, and drops off like a rock.

5/12/08, 10:36 PM   #30
Hawker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offy22 View Post
I believe that "they" are afraid to make a heavy track at Eldora for the non-wing racing.
I've only been to Eldora once. It was last years KR.....It's not just the nonwing races that get the pitifull dry conditions. I knew it was going to be a long night when they were kicking up dust while the push trucks were RUNNING IN THE TRACK!!! :headbang :censor:

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Eldora Crowd