IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > sprint car world championship
3/20/18, 10:43 PM   #1
sprint car world championship
flagboy55

I know a lot of you don't care because it's racing with wings, but I'm really getting curious about the big 100k to win race coming up at Mansfield April 27th & 28th. I've already seen indications that top shelf teams from as far away as California are intending to make the trip. What also makes it interesting is the fact that the WOO are racing in Texas that weekend. Allatars are off so every wing car worth a darn from the Midwest should be there, although I didn't check the IRA, or SOD schedules. Another factor that comes into play is a relatively level playing field, considering only a few events have been run since it became dirt, one would have to think very few have home field advantage. I know our beloved USAC is racing that weekend so you don't have to waste the energy of typing that in, but I'm sure paying attention to this deal and thinking about making the drive. What do you think?

5 members like this post: GYATK94, Kydehart, racegal, Simon_says17, spicoli
3/21/18, 2:31 AM   #2
PIT CART

I already have my reserved camping spot for this race and the dirt million Mansfield is having this year. If a promoter is going to pay that kind of money I am going to support it.

3/21/18, 6:56 AM   #3
Re: sprint car world championship
jim goerge

I look at this race and wish they would have split the money brtween wing and non wing. I""m not knocking wings cuz I used to follow the outlaws all over but as their races became kinda parades I lost interest yeah their fast but not much racing as the heats were to me a race from turn 4 down to turn 1 then follow so you make the feature which seems the non wings do it too lol I keep talking I might talk myself into stopping going to wingless races If you"re into wings by all means go but don"t expect to see many outlaws cuz they didn"t show up at the Mopar Million either but for 2 and they ran 1 2 in that race But this time you can go either show and check out what ya like Sorry for rambleing on

2 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, oppweld
3/21/18, 11:45 AM   #4
Eric Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
I didn't check the IRA, or SOD schedules.
SOD is racing at Crystal on the 28th.

3/21/18, 12:22 PM   #5
fishnman

Curious how many PA drivers will be there

3/21/18, 2:46 PM   #6
wideopen24

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim goerge View Post
I look at this race and wish they would have split the money brtween wing and non wing. I""m not knocking wings cuz I used to follow the outlaws all over but as their races became kinda parades I lost interest yeah their fast but not much racing as the heats were to me a race from turn 4 down to turn 1 then follow so you make the feature which seems the non wings do it too lol I keep talking I might talk myself into stopping going to wingless races If you"re into wings by all means go but don"t expect to see many outlaws cuz they didn"t show up at the Mopar Million either but for 2 and they ran 1 2 in that race But this time you can go either show and check out what ya like Sorry for rambleing on
If more non-wing teams would have supported their $5,000 to win Triple Crown Spring Series events last year that would have happened.

6 members like this post: Dirtfan, dustbowl, jim goerge, PIT CART, sprinter14, sprinter6
3/21/18, 3:56 PM   #7
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Tracks nice, Needed to work out several bugs in operations but its a great track with great facilities.

Went up to that Great Lakes Championship last year, Had 67wings on Knoxville Saturday and 30 plus Non Wing.

Two problems i had with it was 10 minutes between races due to the way they were rolling cars out around the track and pushing off for every race and terrible concession capacity and operations. A few tweeks to both and it will be great.

Jac should be fun to watch, sadly he is just one of only a handful of Wingers I know anymore, The divide has gotten that far for this Indiana Traveler.

3 members like this post: Al Pierce, jim goerge, sprinter14
3/21/18, 4:43 PM   #8
motorhead748

At best I am only cautiously optimistic about this race. I tend to follow wing stuff more but there are a number of questions that needs to be answered. Namely track operations? track conditions? support classes? Who will be there? Weather?
I wish them well.

3/21/18, 7:23 PM   #9
brsteg

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead748 View Post
there are a number of questions that needs to be answered. Namely track operations? track conditions? support classes? Who will be there? Weather?
I wish them well.
Isn't these the questions for every dirt track running every type of division? I understand the longer a track has been operational the more predictable; but they are all still shots in the dark as off nights happen at a minimum once a year for every track.

3 members like this post: jim goerge, Kydehart, PIT CART
3/21/18, 8:04 PM   #10
motorhead748

Quote:
Originally Posted by brsteg View Post
Isn't these the questions for every dirt track running every type of division? I understand the longer a track has been operational the more predictable; but they are all still shots in the dark as off nights happen at a minimum once a year for every track.
True. It happens everywhere but most if not all tracks wait till they have a firm grip on everything before they plan a race with this purse. Eldora was going nearly 30 year before Earl had the KR, the Knoxville nationals didn't start off paying a huge purse, same with the natty open at the Grove.
I wish them well but they will need to have the stars align perfectly for this to come off without a hitch and have people anxious to return.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > sprint car world championship