IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Closed Thread
flagboy55 (Online)
  #61 9/26/18 11:11 PM
Has anything Robert has said going to keep anyone from going to the races? I think not.
10 Likes: bullringko, Cage Faraday, chrismattlin, dirt330, JarrettFarms73, jim goerge, Kydehart, NMrace48, oppweld, racingirl
Longtime sprinter (Offline)
  #62 9/26/18 11:18 PM
My 2cents, USAC did not suspend Robert on their own. Tony got hot, and pushed his weight around (and money) and most likely wanted it done. What if he tells USAC that he would never schedule another race at his track? He probably has pull at other tracks too, because he schedules his all stars at them, so could really have an effect on USAC scheduling. If Tony wants him suspended, I bet USAC would bend.
4 Likes: flagboy55, illinifan, jim goerge, tmac39
TKRacing (Offline)
  #63 9/26/18 11:23 PM
I think all of this is NOT good for the sport. All of this is uncalled for. Y’all crying on here while bashing everyone else isn’t helping the sport in anyway. Stop with the hypocritical bull crap and just get back to what this board is for.
3 Likes: Big Mike 7, miledirt, tirespinner
Nate (Offline)
  #64 9/26/18 11:40 PM
My question is what actions are “detrimental” to the sport exactly?

- Twitter posts?
- Drivers throwing helmets or steering wheels at cars on a hot race track?
- Fighting in the pits?
- Altercations with officials?
- Intentionally wrecking another driver?

That’s why I don’t think the punishment fits the crime here. I’ve seen each of these happen in the last few years but only the first one warrants a suspension?

Nate Bickel - @natefb22
14 Likes: addictedtodirt, CB24, chrismattlin, cj02, flagboy55, JarrettFarms73, Jbaldwin, jim goerge, NMrace48, oppweld, PIT CART, Simon_says17, tmac39, TNRustler
IndianaSprintFan (Offline)
  #65 9/26/18 11:40 PM
I’ve read a lot about smokes safety improvements to the big E on here. While they are a great thing let’s not be blind to the fact that a lot of those were done just to make code for the pick up trucks they race in July
Chief Wahoo (Offline)
  #66 9/26/18 11:44 PM
Originally Posted by TKRacing:
I think all of this is NOT good for the sport. All of this is uncalled for. Y’all crying on here while bashing everyone else isn’t helping the sport in anyway. Stop with the hypocritical bull crap and just get back to what this board is for.
You sound like USAC.

Eat dirt, be happy
Let’s go Brandon!!
Bryan Hirshman
6 Likes: Cage Faraday, captrat, jim goerge, oppweld, Rpracing1, Speedwrench
luckybuc97 (Offline)
  #67 9/26/18 11:54 PM
I'm curious about how much farther this thread will go before being locked?

Rick Roth
2 Likes: racenut69, tirespinner
btg1963 (Offline)
  #68 9/27/18 12:12 AM
Originally Posted by Nate:

- Twitter posts?
- Fighting in the pits?

That’s why I don’t think the punishment fits the crime here. I’ve seen each of these happen in the last few years but only the first one warrants a suspension?
You are asking some good questions Nate... Keep your ear to the ground!
2 Likes: jim goerge, oppweld
race0 (Offline)
  #69 9/27/18 12:12 AM
No reason to lock the thread... unless somebody is a Tony Stewart fan... lol
4 Likes: chrismattlin, flagboy55, jim goerge, oppweld
Sprint63122 (Offline)
  #70 9/27/18 1:04 AM
Originally Posted by Nate:

- Twitter posts?
- Fighting in the pits?

Just depends on who you are and if your on spridge and levi buddy list there is no rules or regulations posted for much. Robert did the time for there past BS anyway and was not on probation this year at all, nothing but a stacked glorified witch hunt performed here by the pals on the internal meetings.
5 Likes: Cage Faraday, Dffuchs12, jim goerge, oppweld, tmac39
Closed Thread