IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Sprintcarfanatic (Offline)
  #21 1/3/15 11:01 PM
Unless the 4 or 5 tracks that are sticking with the All Stars bump their 1 to 2 races up to 4 or 5 a year Webb won't have much.

Then Blaney is even trying to tell him to keep his mouth shut.

Webb might not be a dummy but with the NSL out farther Midwest he sure is going to be limited on where he can go if & when he tries to run a series.
WinglessLovers (Offline)
  #22 1/4/15 3:21 PM
Looks like Guy Webb's empire is coming unglued. Might try keeping his mouth shut and not insulting drivers and tracks that appreciate those drivers. Could also practice being more humble and less egotistical. T They are not good qualities in any man.
2 Likes: flatout, PIT CART
  #23 1/4/15 9:16 PM
Guy Webb says the Renegades have had no effect on his 2015 All Star sprint car series Schedule

by Lenny Sammons

Focus on Speed – Page 4 – area auto racing news – Tuesday, Dec. 16, 2014

Guy Webb released his 2015 All Star circuit of champions schedule this past week. Webb was in Indianapolis for the PRI show, beating the drums for his 410 sprint car series which will again be sponsored by University of Northeast Ohio.

Despite competition from the new renegade series started by former supporter/car owner Shane Helms in his base are of Ohio, Webb said he’s up from 40- events last year to 53 race dates. Only three of those dates carry TBA (to be announced) locations.

“We’ve got everything we had last year and then some,” said Webb, ”we’ve not lost anything”.

The anchor of the series, Ohio Speedweek, contains nine nights of racing at eight different tracks. Attica raceway park will again open Speedweek and Fremont (which has two events) will close it. Gone are Renegade committed tracks of Wayne County and Atomic. They’ve been replaced by races at 35 Raceway in Frankkfort and Moler in Williamsburg.

In Ohio/Western PA Webb has other dates on the schedule during the year at Attica, Fremont, Mercer, Sharon, Lenerville and Eldora. An added event on Sunday Sept. 6 is expected in that area after a two race weekend in Attica.

Tracks remaining loyal to Webb in Central PA are key speedways such as Williams Grove, Port Royal and Lincoln, with a TBA to follow the show at Lincoln on Sunday June 14.

“When this started,’” said Webb of the Renegade Series, “we kept going. We finished all the races and our car counts were just as good. We didn’t lose any sponsors, we’ve gained some. We didn’t lose any dates, we gained them. Nothing has changed.”

Webb was disappointed in fred Rahmer’s announcement last week in AARN that he was running a renegade series race on Sunday April 25. Webb said Rahmer is piggy-backing off two days of All Star series racing in the area at Williams Grove and Port Royal. He felt it unfair that he would follow the Bob Weikert Memorial at Port Royal, an event that has been growing in both purse and stature in recent years.

As was the case, last year, only one New York State event is planned at Canandaigua Speedway.

Webb has padded his schedule by adding co-sanctioned events that will offer point incentives to his racers at two WOO multi-day shows. His schedule shows the “Ironman” weekend in Pevely MO and the 3 day Williams Grove Natl Open in October on his schedule for the first time. He said he’ll “link” some points to those events to get his travelers to attend.

“The Open is now three days and we want to encourage all of our people to come and support it” said Webb, of adding the extra dates at Williams Grove. “Dale Blaney finished fourth there last year and we want a better presence than we’ve been doing. Ohio has never been represented big at hat event and it should be.”

Webb received bad publicity this season when car owner Mike Heffner went public regarding a lack of payment for driver Lance Dewease’s 2013 All Star’s Eastern regional championship. Heffner, who did return and won the same title this year with driver Greg Hodnett, had agreed to monthly payments but when they were not arriving as expected he began legal action. Webb said Heffner would have been paid by May, but will get his 2014 championship money before he gets the rest of his 2013 point fund now that the legal red tape is involved.

Webb said that 2014 Natl and Ohio regional champion dale blaney has already been paid for this season and other will get checks after the first of the year.

“We’re obligated to pay the first of January when our sponsorship money comes in” said Webb, “but I made a special deal with Dale so he’s already paid. I’ll pay the rest when some of the other 32 sponsorship contracts come back. It’s how I’ve done it the last 15 years.

He expects Blaney to defend his championship.

“Blaney is committed to us,” said Webb. “Always was.”

He didn’t, however, want to commit to who the other teams were in fear they would have pressure put on them by his competition to got with the renegades instead. He did say that one of the Haudenschilds (Jac or Sheldon) would race with him along with the Phoenix No 59 owned by Tom and Sherry Leidig that Danny Holtgraver drove at the end of the season.

“We’ll have five or six regulars with us,” said Webb. “I don’t want to the let the names out because they’ll start calling them, offering them idiotic stuff.”

The Shane Helms-organized Renegades group contains several former All Star champions, including Tim Shaffer.

“You cannot sell a series with B and C level talent,” said Webb of the Renegades. “if you look at Tim Shaffer, Chad Kemenah, Danny Smith and Greg Wilson they are all 45-50 yr old that are trying to hang on. There is a certain time that it is over and they have to move on in their career. They are just trying to prolong it.”

Webb will begin his 15th season in control of the All Stars by returning to one large point fund rather than dividing it into three sections. While the renegades have yet to post an official schedule, Webb said he expects to run the majority of their events at the same three speedways in Ohio. Interested tracks in the Central PA area have been Rahmer’s events at Path valley along with a possible show with Bob Miller’s Thunder on the Hill series at Grandview and at Jake Smulley’s Big Diamond Raceway.

“I’ve been checking on these dates they are talking about,” said Webb of the Renegades. “If you look at everything that has been put out about them you would crucify me if I put out press releases like they’ve been doing. There are no facts of when or where. All it says are names places they might be going to race.
3 Likes: Charles Nungester, PJ Wright, Stevensville Mike
racefan20 (Offline)
  #24 1/5/15 12:03 AM
If I am reading this right he is paying 2014 points money with 2015 sponsorship money?? Does that sound a little strange to anyone else?

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
6 Likes: Charles Nungester, flatout, nathans1012, PIT CART, trecraft, WinglessLovers
hoosierdaddy (Offline)
  #25 1/5/15 2:52 AM
Originally Posted by Sprintcarfanatic:
Guy Webb says the Renegades have had no effect on his 2015 All Star sprint car series Schedule

by Lenny Sammons

Focus on Speed – Page 4 – area auto racing news – Tuesday, Dec. 16, 2014

Guy Webb released his 2015 All Star circuit of champions schedule this past week. Webb was in Indianapolis for the PRI show, beating the drums for his 410 sprint car series which will again be sponsored by University of Northeast Ohio.

Despite competition from the new renegade series started by former supporter/car owner Shane Helms in his base are of Ohio, Webb said he’s up from 40- events last year to 53 race dates. Only three of those dates carry TBA (to be announced) locations.

“We’ve got everything we had last year and then some,” said Webb, ”we’ve not lost anything”.

The anchor of the series, Ohio Speedweek, contains nine nights of racing at eight different tracks. Attica raceway park will again open Speedweek and Fremont (which has two events) will close it. Gone are Renegade committed tracks of Wayne County and Atomic. They’ve been replaced by races at 35 Raceway in Frankkfort and Moler in Williamsburg.

In Ohio/Western PA Webb has other dates on the schedule during the year at Attica, Fremont, Mercer, Sharon, Lenerville and Eldora. An added event on Sunday Sept. 6 is expected in that area after a two race weekend in Attica.

Tracks remaining loyal to Webb in Central PA are key speedways such as Williams Grove, Port Royal and Lincoln, with a TBA to follow the show at Lincoln on Sunday June 14.

“When this started,’” said Webb of the Renegade Series, “we kept going. We finished all the races and our car counts were just as good. We didn’t lose any sponsors, we’ve gained some. We didn’t lose any dates, we gained them. Nothing has changed.”

Webb was disappointed in fred Rahmer’s announcement last week in AARN that he was running a renegade series race on Sunday April 25. Webb said Rahmer is piggy-backing off two days of All Star series racing in the area at Williams Grove and Port Royal. He felt it unfair that he would follow the Bob Weikert Memorial at Port Royal, an event that has been growing in both purse and stature in recent years.

As was the case, last year, only one New York State event is planned at Canandaigua Speedway.

Webb has padded his schedule by adding co-sanctioned events that will offer point incentives to his racers at two WOO multi-day shows. His schedule shows the “Ironman” weekend in Pevely MO and the 3 day Williams Grove Natl Open in October on his schedule for the first time. He said he’ll “link” some points to those events to get his travelers to attend.

“The Open is now three days and we want to encourage all of our people to come and support it” said Webb, of adding the extra dates at Williams Grove. “Dale Blaney finished fourth there last year and we want a better presence than we’ve been doing. Ohio has never been represented big at hat event and it should be.”

Webb received bad publicity this season when car owner Mike Heffner went public regarding a lack of payment for driver Lance Dewease’s 2013 All Star’s Eastern regional championship. Heffner, who did return and won the same title this year with driver Greg Hodnett, had agreed to monthly payments but when they were not arriving as expected he began legal action. Webb said Heffner would have been paid by May, but will get his 2014 championship money before he gets the rest of his 2013 point fund now that the legal red tape is involved.

Webb said that 2014 Natl and Ohio regional champion dale blaney has already been paid for this season and other will get checks after the first of the year.

“We’re obligated to pay the first of January when our sponsorship money comes in” said Webb, “but I made a special deal with Dale so he’s already paid. I’ll pay the rest when some of the other 32 sponsorship contracts come back. It’s how I’ve done it the last 15 years.

He expects Blaney to defend his championship.

“Blaney is committed to us,” said Webb. “Always was.”

He didn’t, however, want to commit to who the other teams were in fear they would have pressure put on them by his competition to got with the renegades instead. He did say that one of the Haudenschilds (Jac or Sheldon) would race with him along with the Phoenix No 59 owned by Tom and Sherry Leidig that Danny Holtgraver drove at the end of the season.

“We’ll have five or six regulars with us,” said Webb. “I don’t want to the let the names out because they’ll start calling them, offering them idiotic stuff.”

The Shane Helms-organized Renegades group contains several former All Star champions, including Tim Shaffer.

“You cannot sell a series with B and C level talent,” said Webb of the Renegades. “if you look at Tim Shaffer, Chad Kemenah, Danny Smith and Greg Wilson they are all 45-50 yr old that are trying to hang on. There is a certain time that it is over and they have to move on in their career. They are just trying to prolong it.”

Webb will begin his 15th season in control of the All Stars by returning to one large point fund rather than dividing it into three sections. While the renegades have yet to post an official schedule, Webb said he expects to run the majority of their events at the same three speedways in Ohio. Interested tracks in the Central PA area have been Rahmer’s events at Path valley along with a possible show with Bob Miller’s Thunder on the Hill series at Grandview and at Jake Smulley’s Big Diamond Raceway.

“I’ve been checking on these dates they are talking about,” said Webb of the Renegades. “If you look at everything that has been put out about them you would crucify me if I put out press releases like they’ve been doing. There are no facts of when or where. All it says are names places they might be going to race.
That was before Attica went with the Renegades and Blaney tweeted his displeasure with Guy Webb's comments, he might have a schedule but i feel sorry for promoters having to pay the purse to a series that doesn't have cars to follow it.... #sad
flatout (Offline)
  #26 1/6/15 9:17 PM
Deleted post: The information is looking sketchy so best to hold off on it.

Edit : Saw that the following was confirmed. Rob Hunter (Chad K's car owner) has purchased 25% of the All Stars from Jean Lynch. Not quite sure what this means. I know in the past Jean owned some of the Speedweeks shows. They had better get this stuff straighten out quickly.
WinglessLovers (Offline)
  #27 1/7/15 12:29 PM
Got to agree with John Hoover on the point fund payouts. Know that Mike Heffner, owner of the #27 that Greg Hodnett drives currently, actually sued Guy Webb over his not receiving his point fund money when Lance Dewease drove for him and won the Eastern point title of the All Stars which I believe it was back in 2012. I feel that you should have the point money set aside for the particular year you are running in and pay it out in a timely manner at the end of that season and not depend on next year sponsorship money to make previous year's payments. Not a good way to do business. You are counting on future sponsorship dollars to come in and we all know that sponsorship money can dry up and disappear in an instant. To me you are playing with fire and we all know the old adage about that!
Stevensville Mike (Offline)
  #28 1/8/15 6:37 PM
Thanks for posting the Guy Webb interview article, 'fanatic.
  #29 1/8/15 7:34 PM
No problem. Just seen it on the other board & thought I'd copy & paste it here.