IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Victory Lane Altercation
8/27/17, 8:41 PM   #1
Victory Lane Altercation
deaddeer2

Last night there was an altercation in victory lane involving what looked liked to be Windom and someone from the 17GP crew. Mike Dutcher has put his 2 cents in on a Facebook post regarding the situation, saying Windom should be mad at "his bitc* Brady Bacon". Dutcher also claims Windom or his Dad jumped on a USAC Official. I assume Windom believed he was done dirty, which clearly wasn't the case. You can watch the video 100 times and see the 17GP car cross Windom over and drive straight down the backstretch until Windom moved down off the backstretch wall, meeting the 17GP car and then making contact with Sunshine. Tyler Thomas isn't the cleanest driver, but I am 100% confident he was not in the wrong on the contact with him and Windom. Anyone have any info besides what is posted here? I also heard Windom threw a steering wheel at 17GP. **Cue the race know-it-alls**

8/27/17, 8:52 PM   #2
addictedtodirt

"Cue the race know it alls"? Good luck getting whatever it is your looking for dude. Clearly you have read up on facebook, so what more do you want. It's racing. The focus should be on the up coming races this weekend and beyond.

The excitement we witnessed this past weekend at Indiana's baddest bullring is why you need to get your ass to Kokomo.

8/27/17, 9:05 PM   #3
Re: Victory Lane Altercation
BrentTFunk

Your first post is about a race you don't even care about enough to attend. If you were there you wouldn't have to ask. Please continue to live your life through facebook.

8/27/17, 9:41 PM   #4
rpedersen20

Wow Funk! Your right! No one should be allowed to post unless they were there. Come on way to promote the sport. Only "professional sport" where fans get bitched at by super fans for being casual fans. Sprint cars need all the fans they can get and to lamblast people repeatedly over not attending is BS. If the sport was bringing in tons of new fans then no one would rag on others for not attending. But since it's the same people week in and week out it's on them to go to EVERY RACE or they aren't real fans and killing the sport. Come on! People ordering ppvs and following by other means is just as important. If I was this guy I'd find a new sport because alot of the people on here that go aren't the friendliest. Not everyone is going to go to every race no matter how die hard. I'm sure most of the people talking about football or whatever has possibly never been. I'm sure the nfl is still happy they are talking and keeping up.

8/27/17, 9:48 PM   #5
GYATK94

Race Count This Year: 36
Race Count Last Year: 34

Truly, I'm not sure if the original poster was being serious in this thread. He concludes his paragraph saying "cue the race know it alls" after twice claiming to be 100% certain of what transpired at a race it doesn't appear he attended. And, if he saw the same video of the highlights I did, it wasn't a shot at the end of the backstretch, but from the infield, so I have no idea how he could be 100% certain of anything on this incident. I was there, sitting on the backstretch, and I have my thoughts, certainly not 100% sure of them as it's tough to be an absolutist here, but I'll withold them because, as I said, I'm not sure he was serious with that glaring irony of poking fun at IOW know it alls while being 100% sure of his view, literally meaning he would "know it all" with regard to this accident.

4 members like this post: addictedtodirt, BrentTFunk, flagboy55, jim goerge
8/27/17, 9:53 PM   #6
addictedtodirt

Get your ass to Kokomo and enjoy the excitement. A lot more happened at an awesome race Saturday night than 1 minute of frustration by a driver. The entire night was great from tailgating to well past checkers and bonfires. Come next year and find out for yourself!

8/27/17, 9:56 PM   #7
BrentTFunk

Ok Ryan I worked almost 40 hours of my own time in the last week promoting the sport. I let people shower at my house. I went to lunch with people from several states over 4 days. I can name 25 people from town who had never been to the track who went on Wednesday because I constantly reminded them. They all said they enjoyed it, and would be back. This person obviously was trying to stir it up. I doubt if he was a rookie or he wouldn't have quoted Mike Dutcher from facebook. It was intense racing and when people compete that hard sometimes they make bad decisions when things go wrong. Just the way it goes, after all it is the Smackdown.

6 members like this post: duel, flagboy55, GYATK94, jim goerge, Will Shunk, ZMR
8/27/17, 10:02 PM   #8
rpedersen20

When I seen you there Brent I thanked you for your efforts. I'm not thanking you for blasting the guy. There is no need for anyone to bash anyone on here. And if your helping promote which you clearly made stated last week as you were ripping someone, then you should know better. Hate to see people come on here and have negative interactions with senior members. 99 percent of the people on here and at the track are doing it because they love it.

8/28/17, 1:12 AM   #9
flagboy55

20, I have to whole heartedly agree with you that the "you weren't here" is abused. I will say though that sometimes when that phrase is used it's taken out of context. I've said many times, I may only get to 10 or 15 race's a year, but I follow it constantly. In my opinion that should only be applied as to mean, if you were here, you might have seen it differently. In my perfect world, I would be at a race track every night, with great friends and great craft beer and trophy girls like they had at Ascot back in the day, and racing like we had this weekend, but until I win a huge lottery I am only going to go when "life" let's me. But I love it as much as the guy who makes every one

6 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Jbaldwin, Kydehart, mc/rider, scottyCbus, tirespinner
8/28/17, 8:02 AM   #10
ossuks

Lets get things in the proper perspective! There is a drinking club that includes fans, competitors and officials....DO NOT EVER cross the line and discuss their people!!

Open wheel dirt racing has a colt like following, they are loyal and put race attendance on a priority that for some is even higher than their profession! OK... life lived with out passion is not me either....we all have our thing, to some it is fishing, outdoors, reading, sports, ect...I at one time went to as many as 90 races a year, now, my passion is my family. I am struggling to string this together so here is my point! In regards to IOW and promoting your sport...your fan base is small, WAY SMALLER than you might think. I teach in a Indianapolis High School with 2300 students in the racing capital of the world!!! I have found 3 students that know what a sprint car is and 0 that have ever attended!! This message board has lost many followers over the years....Can this PASSION afford to lose followers? Society and Social Media is becoming more negative every day! The world needs more HAPPY !!!...I love to banter, you know, kinda argue and trade facts and try to persuade...hard to have discussions or heaven forbid ask a question sometimes on this site because there are some laying in the weeds just waiting to pounce. You want to promote your sport ? Keep running people off!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Victory Lane Altercation