IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
VSneader2 (Offline)
  #1 5/12/11 11:21 AM
does anyone know what type of car count is expected tonight at orp for thursday night thunder?
micro94 (Offline)
  #2 5/12/11 2:07 PM
I bet they get about 30 cars.I have no insight just a guess.
AustinSprinter (Offline)
  #3 5/12/11 2:53 PM
there be a live Stream of any kind by USAC??....
  #4 5/12/11 3:27 PM
My guess is 15 cars. The Anderson show had the benefit of a few Spartan and winged guys that I don't think you will see down there for a Thursday night show. JMO.
racefan20 (Offline)
  #5 5/12/11 3:55 PM
Dont forget $5 off the $15 admission for HARF members. So for those of you that are math disadvantaged it will cost you $10 for all the Thursday night thunder shows if you are a HARF member. With the forecast for the rest of the weekend around here this may be the only chance to see a race this weekend.
National Weather Service
TONIGHT
MOSTLY CLOUDY THEN BECOMING PARTLY CLOUDY. LOWS IN THE UPPER 60S. SOUTHWEST WINDS 5 TO 10 MPH.

FRIDAY
PARTLY SUNNY. CHANCE OF SHOWERS IN THE AFTERNOON. HIGHS IN THE LOWER 80S. SOUTHWEST WINDS 5 TO 10 MPH. CHANCE OF SHOWERS 40 PERCENT.

FRIDAY NIGHT
SHOWERS. LOWS IN THE LOWER 60S. WEST WINDS UP TO 10 MPH BECOMING LIGHT. CHANCE OF SHOWERS 80 PERCENT.

SATURDAY
COOLER
SHOWERS. HIGHS IN THE UPPER 60S. NORTH WINDS UP TO 10 MPH. CHANCE OF SHOWERS 90 PERCENT.

SATURDAY NIGHT
RAIN SHOWERS LIKELY. LOWS IN THE MID 50S. NORTH WINDS 5 TO 10 MPH. CHANCE OF SHOWERS 70 PERCENT.

SUNDAY AND SUNDAY NIGHT
RAIN SHOWERS LIKELY. HIGHS IN THE LOWER 60S. LOWS IN THE UPPER 40S. CHANCE OF SHOWERS 60 PERCENT.

It aint lookin good

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
3 Likes: Dannypollock24, IndyBound, Seadog
TQ29m (Offline)
  #6 5/12/11 4:33 PM
I think it's LRP, or LORP now, anyway, Lucas is involved now. Last time I was there, they were just about over the Kroger Sprint Car Series, and some of the guys from PA were there with the REAL Race cars, the one's with the wangs hooked to the loud pedal, just a few, just as a preview of an upcoming race there, and the question was asked, after they had "practiced" a few laps, "can you run this place flatfooted"? The answer came back, "not on this shiny track"! Made my day! Bob

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!
410racer (Offline)
  #7 5/12/11 4:49 PM
Friend of mine at the track @4:45 there was approx 20 cars there
micro94 (Offline)
  #8 5/12/11 4:53 PM
It would be nice if USAC had a live stream since there will be no tv coverage now.Anybody know or think they will stream it live?Otherwise maybe someone will post updates hopefully.
TQ29m (Offline)
  #9 5/12/11 5:14 PM
Originally Posted by micro94:
It would be nice if USAC had a live stream since there will be no tv coverage now.Anybody know or think they will stream it live?Otherwise maybe someone will post updates hopefully.
I thought I read on here the other day, it was going to be televised, but only in select areas, and channels. Maybe it was a senior moment! Bob

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!
VSneader2 (Offline)
  #10 5/12/11 6:00 PM
heading to the track now will be there in about 20 mins if no one else does updates I will try my best
Posted via Mobile Device
2 Likes: AustinSprinter, IndyBound