Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Sammy Swindell
11/6/07, 10:48 AM   #101
Re: Sammy Swindell
smithpk85

[QUOTE=Glad Brad;16774]
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithpk85 View Post

So, Daron Clayton's driving history is clean as the driven snow? Probably not - right?

Daron has NEVER took anyone out of a race on PURPOSE. If that is what you are asking. Check out some of the video clips of Daron and Stanbrough racing side by side at Haubstadt and at Terre Haute without ever touching one another. They drive with respect for one another. I believe you can view these clips at millsvideoproductions.com. Check it out - watch for yourself. That is the kind of racing fans like to see.

11/6/07, 10:52 AM   #102
Pat O'Connor Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyF46 View Post
Lets compare apples to apples.
You wanted to point out that WoO guys have more speed and more $$.
OK.
How successful have any WoO guys been in the IRL ?? Basically, zip!
I'm quite sure that the IRL is faster and has more $$.
You mentioned Jeff Gordon being in WoO. Well, you failed to mention that Jeff had success in USAC, but as a 14-or-15-year-old, he was fired by the WoO types, and replaced by a string of drivers who never managed any real WoO success and never will go as fast as Jeff or have his $$$$.
How successful have any WoO guys been in NASCAR ?? Again, basically, zip! I'm sure that the speed and $$ nonsense you brought up applies here, too. You might try to use Blaney as success in NAPCAR, but you should remember that he got attention down there only after he won the USAC Silver Crown championship.
Face it, Randy. If the USAC fans use NAPCAR as a standard of successful "moving up", you are smothered by the (unpleasant to you) facts.
Kevin Swindell may eventuall mature enough to really succeed in racing, but he will have to do some major changing. How many times did you personally view any of the plethora of bad Kevin incidents being mentioned in this thread? I saw too many. I know it changed my opinion.

11/6/07, 10:53 AM   #103
RandyF46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hunt View Post
WOW! Lets see if this was one of the famed Indiana sprint car drivers this post would of been yanked!

Kevin has more talent than 99.9% of the drivers in the pits! I'm pretty sure you will not have to worry about him anymore as he is going to stock cars next year and Brad Sweet is driving that car. Oh wait you all will mutha fock him cause he isn't from Indiana!

Alrighty then start your botching! Lord knows Chuck and Dan will be the 1st!

No talk of how super hero Jon Stambrough ran all weekend???
Man I thought I liked to agitate the natives lololololol You win!!!!!!:checkered:

11/6/07, 10:53 AM   #104
ossuks

[QUOTE=Rex W.;16776]I Guess lookin at it like that then JJ really isn't

Top 25 in pts. Making 3-4 million a year, just signed a long term contract. IMO thats pretty darn good. What would have been bad would if he had lost his ride in the middle of the season and had to return to a lesser paying job! But, because he is one of the top talents that is not the case.

11/6/07, 10:55 AM   #105
RandyF46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat O'Connor Fan View Post
You wanted to point out that WoO guys have more speed and more $$.
OK.
How successful have any WoO guys been in the IRL ?? Basically, zip!
I'm quite sure that the IRL is faster and has more $$.
You mentioned Jeff Gordon being in WoO. Well, you failed to mention that Jeff had success in USAC, but as a 14-or-15-year-old, he was fired by the WoO types, and replaced by a string of drivers who never managed any real WoO success and never will go as fast as Jeff or have his $$$$.
How successful have any WoO guys been in NASCAR ?? Again, basically, zip! I'm sure that the speed and $$ nonsense you brought up applies here, too. You might try to use Blaney as success in NAPCAR, but you should remember that he got attention down there only after he won the USAC Silver Crown championship.
Face it, Randy. If the USAC fans use NAPCAR as a standard of successful "moving up", you are smothered by the (unpleasant to you) facts.
Kevin Swindell may eventuall mature enough to really succeed in racing, but he will have to do some major changing. How many times did you personally view any of the plethora of bad Kevin incidents being mentioned in this thread? I saw too many. I know it changed my opinion.
You apparently didn't read my posts. You in fact are stating the same thing I did..........thanks for the help.:kookoo2: R E A D THE POSTS FIRST>>>>>OK?

11/6/07, 11:03 AM   #106
Rex W.

"You might try to use Blaney as success in NAPCAR, but you should remember that he got attention down there only after he won the USAC Silver Crown championship." POCF

Humm Dave won the SC championship back in 1984 there are a few years between 1984 & 1998 when he got down there after he won the 1997 Knoxville Nats

11/6/07, 11:14 AM   #107
RandyF46

Quote:
Originally Posted by riskybrisky5 View Post
Why can't people quit arguing about who is better drivers wing or non wing. They both produce great drivers. The difference is that in wing racing it takes the best equipment to win. Not saying that driving is not a part of it because it is. But all the top guys have the equipment. That is why a Darland or Coons or whoever cannot go to an Outlaw show and compete. It takes equipment. Put those guys in a top notch car and within a few races they will compete. Winners are winners you can put them in either car and they will win. Give me an unlimited budget and I can get Darland an outlaw win. Bring Steve Kinser to USAC and he will win. Why because they are both great race car drivers.

P.S. I will take Wolfgang over Swindell If I had a Woo car jmho
Lets not argue about wing or non wing but it's ok to argue Wolfgang vs. Swindell?

By the way Wolfie would be my pick too. :thumb:

11/6/07, 11:58 AM   #108
Seadog

Quote:
Originally Posted by riskybrisky5 View Post
Why can't people quit arguing about who is better drivers wing or non wing. They both produce great drivers. The difference is that in wing racing it takes the best equipment to win. Not saying that driving is not a part of it because it is. But all the top guys have the equipment. That is why a Darland or Coons or whoever cannot go to an Outlaw show and compete. It takes equipment. Put those guys in a top notch car and within a few races they will compete. Winners are winners you can put them in either car and they will win. Give me an unlimited budget and I can get Darland an outlaw win. Bring Steve Kinser to USAC and he will win. Why because they are both great race car drivers.

P.S. I will take Wolfgang over Swindell If I had a Woo car jmho
Post of the week, right there.

11/6/07, 12:06 PM   #109
Stagger

Some have mentioned their top 3 winged or non winged drivers......Guys who can wheel a 410 winged rocket, SC car,Midget and REAL sprinters... Sure, Steve Sammy Wolfie did it all but I would have to add Ron "The Fly'n shoe" Shuman in that top 3. Hell Ron even started a few Indy Car races. Back in the day I think all the above have won a Noxville Nat. and a Western World. winged and non winged. Shuman in a Midget was unbeatable.

As for Kevin? I was looking forward to watching him this year also. After this year I can honestly say SEE YA......The kid is a silver spoon punk. Talented? yes. but in need of a good ass whipp'n? NO DOUBT.

Sammy has tarnished his reputaion even further the past few years.... Not to many places he goes does he not get boooed. HE was pretty popular at last years Chili Bowl. Truely one of thE ALL TIME Greats with an * after his name.

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Sammy Swindell