IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Chase Hightower (Offline)
  #11 8/31/17 11:16 AM
Originally Posted by ThrowbackRacingTeam:
If Schrader and Swindell can do it, Tony should be able to. I've held him in a lot lower regard since he became strictly a winged driver.
Seriously?
Jim Gardner (Offline)
  #12 8/31/17 11:28 AM
Stewart fields winged cars instead of non-winged for the same reason Kahne does; winged cars make more financial sense.

Jim Gardner
6 Likes: bighd0522, fish, PIT CART, ronmil, Simon_says17, Will Shunk
david mitchell (Offline)
  #13 8/31/17 12:23 PM
It seems he has been there and done that with woo.i think donny schatz has won a championship or two.🤣🤣🤣
david mitchell (Offline)
  #14 8/31/17 12:40 PM
If winged cars make more financial sense,that means the purses are bigger,which means the crowds are bigger,which means winged racing is more popular than traditional sprint cars,which means somewhere along the line the media somehow convinced thousands of people that wing racing is better.you will not see better racing than smackdown,yet all one hears nationally is wing,wing,wing.why is this readers.i also like winged racing,but one can like something yet admit something else is far superior.really,the only good racing done with wings is when the feature takes place.all of the good cars run together.heat races for winged cars are like watching hot laps.you are not going to see a fantastic race every time non wing or wing.but overall the traditional sprint car shows are far superior.i once took a friend to a usac race at haubstadt and he loved it.i then took him to a woo race at eldora and he said there is not much passing.those were the first two races he had ever seen.no bias or axe to grind.
4 Likes: bighd0522, captrat, jwl, sprinter14
the1jet17 (Offline)
  #15 8/31/17 12:49 PM
Originally Posted by david mitchell:
Why does he not start usac sprint car team.those are his true roots,not the world of outlaws.

Because those teams lose money.
2 Likes: bighd0522, dirtnonwingfan
ossuks (Offline)
  #16 8/31/17 1:21 PM
If winged cars make more financial sense,that means the purses are bigger,which means the crowds are bigger,which means winged racing is more popular than traditional sprint cars,which means somewhere along the line the media somehow convinced thousands of people that wing racing is better.you will not see better racing than smackdown,yet all one hears nationally is wing,wing,wing.why is this readers.i also like winged racing,but one can like something yet admit something else is far superior.really,the only good racing done with wings is when the feature takes place.all of the good cars run together.heat races for winged cars are like watching hot laps.you are not going to see a fantastic race every time non wing or wing.but overall the traditional sprint car shows are far superior.i once took a friend to a usac race at haubstadt and he loved it.i then took him to a woo race at eldora and he said there is not much passing.those were the first two races he had ever seen.no bias or axe to grind.
I will not give you the dead horse emogi because that is somewhat rude. The answer to you question is easy. Marketing! If it is successful it has great marketing personal!
2 Likes: BrentTFunk, fish
david mitchell (Offline)
  #17 8/31/17 1:41 PM
Ossuks,i respect your opinion,but there has to be more to it than that.if a person who has never been to a race can see the difference,than how can so many race fans be so easily swayed.again,i like winged racing ,but wonder why all attention and pr go to it.the reason they can pay so much more is because more eyes are on it.it is more popular.period.why is it more popular.i guess the same reason why monster trucks are more popular than indycar.if people are told something is good they will soon believe it.if i saw it on tv or the internet it has to be true.as for beating a dead horse,not so.this is not a debate on wing vs non wing.i just would like some well thought out opinions.
Bland65 (Offline)
  #18 8/31/17 2:11 PM
"If it don't make dollars, it don't make sense"
ossuks (Offline)
  #19 8/31/17 2:35 PM
Ossuks,i respect your opinion,but there has to be more to it than that.if a person who has never been to a race can see the difference,than how can so many race fans be so easily swayed.again,i like winged racing ,but wonder why all attention and pr go to it.the reason they can pay so much more is because more eyes are on it.it is more popular.period.why is it more popular.i guess the same reason why monster trucks are more popular than indycar.if people are told something is good they will soon believe it.if i saw it on tv or the internet it has to be true.as for beating a dead horse,not so.this is not a debate on wing vs non wing.i just would like some well thought out opinions.

And who/how were they told they were better? Marketing?
david mitchell (Offline)
  #20 8/31/17 2:36 PM
Is that well thought out.🙈